oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

So long as Cork City don’t push themselves to the front and try take the place of Bray 😃

I dont think Cork City are capable of pushing in front of anyone at the moment!!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Would Liverpool fans actually start to follow Everton instead?! I could actually maybe see them doing that as they have this whole Scousers vs the world mentality.

What about the Mancs though? they would lose both teams 

Well the ones who can afford it (and support the SL) can have a season of travelling to fixtures that are more akin to European cup ties. The rest will have to watch on TV...or find another club to support.

26 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well we can all be happy that SG in his wisdom has decided not to follow the elite!

In all honesty, faced with the prospect of what this Super League could mean for our domestic game, I'm glad we still have a club with deep roots in the community and a local owner.

Even if it does mean another season of Warnock...

Tom And Jerry Pain GIF by Boomerang Official

Although as someone else pointed out SG was initially in favour, until the PL agreed to make a loan to the lower leagues anyway.

5 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

6 days before a final. Surely you don't sack a manager in that kind of situation unless something mad has happened

Why would Daniel Levy care about the League Cup final?  It's an irrelevance as far as he's concerned.  Tottenham fans might care about it because they want to win a trophy.  I'm sure he'd be perfectly happy if they weren't even in the competition, and this super league would probably mean just that.  I reckon he sacked him today because on any other day it would be the major football news but today it's hardly getting a look in.  The decision was probably made a little while ago rather than just over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why would Daniel Levy care about the League Cup final?  It's an irrelevance as far as he's concerned.  Tottenham fans might care about it because they want to win a trophy.  I'm sure he'd be perfectly happy if they weren't even in the competition, and this super league would probably mean just that.  I reckon he sacked him today because on any other day it would be the major football news but today it's hardly getting a look in.  The decision was probably made a little while ago rather than just over the weekend.

I read the decision was made on Friday and Mourinho knew of it then, it just hadn't been announced.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I read the decision was made on Friday and Mourinho knew of it then, it just hadn't been announced.

There's a video of him leaving the training ground this afternoon, I don't think he'd have been there if he'd already been informed? Not that we'll ever know for sure.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Waited until it would get less attention as Levy obviously knew what was about to happen.

Scottish football is continuing streaming next season, can't see the Championship not following suit.

I think it's destined to negatively impact attendances, though hopefully it might lead to a reduction in stadium ticket prices to try and balance it out.

I don't get why Levy waited this long when Spurs have been pretty inconsistent all season.

Does he really expect the "new manager bounce" will get them into the top 4 in the remaining 6 games?

I mean they have a relatively easy run-in with Saints, Sheff Utd, Wolves & Villa at home, but they still have to hope Chelsea and West Ham drop points, to overhaul them.

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I don't get why Levy waited this long when Spurs have been pretty inconsistent all season.

Does he really expect the "new manager bounce" will get them into the top 4 in the remaining 6 games?

I mean they have a relatively easy run-in with Saints, Sheff Utd, Wolves & Villa at home, but they still have to hope Chelsea and West Ham drop points, to overhaul them.

Why would he be bothered now?

The top 6 is irrelevant to them as they're not competing in UEFA competitions anymore.

Tottenham are the team I'm most ashamed of, they're the only one of the Big Shits who don't have the "excuse" of a foreign owner with no link to the club and community beyond ownership.

21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The top 6 is irrelevant to them as they're not competing in UEFA competitions anymore.

Tottenham are the team I'm most ashamed of, they're the only one of the Big Shits who don't have the "excuse" of a foreign owner with no link to the club and community beyond ownership.

Greed isn't a foreign concept. Ask any of the English run clubs if they want a few hundred million guaranteed to play football against the biggest clubs In Europe every seasons and 99 out of 100 will say yes. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Greed isn't a foreign concept. Ask any of the English run clubs if they want a few hundred million guaranteed to play football against the biggest clubs In Europe every seasons and 99 out of 100 will say yes. 

Its not foreign, but its more understandable from foreign owners with no ties to the country or club, who only see them as an asset in their investment portfolio.

Also, as we've seen, the fans would have something to say about it, if the rest of the football pyramid wanted to go the same way.

27 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Maybe he's hoping their petitions to be allowed to keep playing will succeed? Remember while this is close to being a done deal, it isn't signed, sealed and delivered yet. Not with the threat of action from the football authorities and governments.

35 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Maybe he's hoping their petitions to be allowed to keep playing will succeed? Remember while this is close to being a done deal, it isn't signed, sealed and delivered yet. Not with the threat of action from the football authorities and governments.

If the Super League happens, and the big 6 continue to play in the Premier League, 2nd to 6th are irrelevant positions.

You either win the league or you're relegated, everyone else is just making up numbers.

The standard qualification for Europe would no longer apply, UEFA would have to invite teams finishing 12th in our league to compete in their remnant competitions if they tried to keep going as is.

Edited by TeaCider24
5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I agree, but I think the timing makes sense, if he wins the league cup at the weekend and they sack him after that it leaves them open to an unfair dismissal case, similar to the one with Conte, they brought him in to win a trophy, they can't then argue he was a failure if they were to win it while he was still at the club.

• Like 1