oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

7 minutes ago, boroinbishop said:

I agree, but I think the timing makes sense, if he wins the league cup at the weekend and they sack him after that it leaves them open to an unfair dismissal case, similar to the one with Conte, they brought him in to win a trophy, they can't then argue he was a failure if they were to win it while he was still at the club.

That's a fair point although I'd guess he'll be getting fully paid up either way.  As this happens with him at every club, maybe it's no longer worth offering him anything longer than a one year deal, if you want him that is.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's a fair point although I'd guess he'll be getting fully paid up either way.  As this happens with him at every club, maybe it's no longer worth offering him anything longer than a one year deal, if you want him that is.

Think I read he's being paid £30m for this sacking and he's made something like £92m through his sackings so far in his career

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

So happy that MNF has spent virtually the entirety of the programming condemning the very idea of the ESL.

So impressed by James Milner having the strength, whilst captaining Liverpool, to come out against it in his post match interview.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

So happy that MNF has spent virtually the entirety of the programming condemning the very idea of the ESL.

So impressed by James Milner having the strength, whilst captaining Liverpool, to come out against it in his post match interview.

It'll be interesting to see what all these players/managers do if it goes ahead though. Will they put their money where their mouth is and refuse? Or will they just take the money and keep quiet?

Hmmmmm, total brain melter that one

I don't think it would be entirely one way or another. I can't imagine the Galacticos of Madrid will change much.

Which brings me to something I realised tonight. Florentine Perez, the Real president, was only re-elected within the last week. Perhaps that was the thing they were waiting for before going ahead with it.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think it would be entirely one way or another. I can't imagine the Galacticos of Madrid will change much.

Which brings me to something I realised tonight. Florentine Perez, the Real president, was only re-elected within the last week. Perhaps that was the thing they were waiting for before going ahead with it.

Seems likely. His interview this evening was batshit crazy. He sounded like he had more than a screw loose

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Seems likely. His interview this evening was batshit crazy. He sounded like he had more than a screw loose

I saw some of it, yeah. The man is also the chairman of the ESL as it stands, it's not particularly surprising. I didn't see an ounce of credit in his theory that this would save football. He said without the ESL, football would end by 2024, which is absolute madness.

I don't know how he has the gall to say football federations and associations are simply scaremongering when he comes out with crap like that. Goes on about poor ickle Real Madrid with their money problems too, I'd like to see him face up to a Bury fan with that crap.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I saw some of it, yeah. The man is also the chairman of the ESL as it stands, it's not particularly surprising. I didn't see an ounce of credit in his theory that this would save football. He said without the ESL, football would end by 2024, which is absolute madness.

I don't know how he has the gall to say football federations and associations are simply scaremongering when he comes out with crap like that. Goes on about poor ickle Real Madrid with their money problems too, I'd like to see him face up to a Bury fan with that crap.

"We might have to make the football match shorter if it's not interesting"

A legitimate quote from him tonight.

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1

Football being played in empty Stadiums has probably confirmed to the owners that fans are simply an irrelevance as the broadcasting rights and sponsorship deals still came flooding in. Gate money is important but with the potential riches for these Clubs it pales almost into insignificance. I'm guessing these Clubs may rake in say £60M from Season ticket sales but they are now talking Billions.

Next they will see the rules changing to make handball only illegal in the 18 yard box and offside scrapped as it disrupts the flow and results in less goals. The actual goals themselves will be made wider and clubs will have their names as well as locations changed on a regular basis. A rich new owner will no longer just buy the club he will relocate it as a present for his third son or eldest daughter. A despot dictator will show his countrymen (and the world his ego) how much he loves them by bringing them Moscow United next year to detract from other unfortunate events.

I haven't watched a CL games in years now as it has gradually turned me off, I don't recognise it as football anymore, instead of getting excited it just all seems controlled and too orchestrated. I'm sure fans of the big clubs don't see it that way but it's way out of my league and with that it's lost its relevance to me. The Premiership is very close to being the same, I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription years ago as the odds were so stacked that as a spectacle it didn't entertain me and still doesn't and by that I mean that I had far more interesting and healthier things to do on a weekend than watch wall to wall football from Clubs I wasn't bothered about other than in most instances hoping that Goliath would lose. When something becomes totally predictable it loses its appeal, or at least it does for me even down to refereeing decisions and VAR has made a bad situation farcical.

Hopefully Liverpool fans will now support Southport or Tranmere, Man City fans Bury, Man Utd fans Salford etc and the Super Clubs can go where they want, quite literally, unburdened, free from their "legacy fans". I bet Ironopolis fans felt the same way all those years ago, it's just MK Dons and Wimbledon on the big screen. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

He probably wouldnt know (or care) what a "Bury" was.

Young Scouser in 2030: "Dad, did people used to go and watch Liverpool Galaxy playing, rather than just seeing it on telly?"

Dad [wearing Tranmere Rovers scarf]: "Aye, son, they did. And they used to play right here in Liverpool. Remember that giant outdoor soft play centre we went to last year? In there."

Son: "Not in Singapore, then?"

Dad [tear rolling down his cheek]: "No, son. And they weren't managed by the third cousin of a Saudi sheikh back then, either. They had a manager who'd actually played the game himself."

Son: "That's so weird. Next you'll be telling me games lasted for more than an hour." [shrugs and turns back to ESL 24+1]

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If anything games will probably end up taking a lot longer as they break it into quarters so they can get more and more ad breaks in! 

An ad break at every stoppage of play.