• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

How embarrasing for them. Wonder if a couple of the American owners will be looking to sell up now they know they can't do this. And they've thrown away any leverage they previously had with uefa. 

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

How embarrasing for them. Wonder if a couple of the American owners will be looking to sell up now they know they can't do this. And they've thrown away any leverage they previously had with uefa. 

I don't think they will and I don't think this has gone away.

14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Well what a waste of energy that was.

Well it killed a few periods of boredom and allowed us to work off some righteous indignation about the evils of modern football. 😁

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think they will and I don't think this has gone away.

Really? Where on earth can you think it will go now?

Ed Woodward has just resigned from utd

9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well it killed a few periods of boredom and allowed us to work off some righteous indignation about the evils of modern football. 😁

This particular scheme might be done but this isn't over.  There's too much potential money involved for the people who want this to just walk away from it.  They'll just try and get more people onside if possible.  Although there is nothing at all to stop a group of wealthy people getting together and starting up their own competition.  Then it just comes down to whether you can get the players involved or not.  You get the players and you'll get a lot of fans, maybe not us legacy fans, but lots and lots of other fans around the world.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Really? Where on earth can you think it will go now?

Ed Woodward has just resigned from utd

This scheme is done right now clearly but the basic idea hasn't gone away.  Let's just see what happens next in regards to action against the clubs involved, and changes to how football is organised/governed.  I'm predicting next to nothing will change.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Was always going apparently.  Just been announced now to pacify some fans probably.  

Yeah was "always going in the summer anyway" wink wink.

• Haha 1