• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

This particular scheme might be done but this isn't over.  There's too much potential money involved for the people who want this to just walk away from it.  They'll just try and get more people onside if possible.  Although there is nothing at all to stop a group of wealthy people getting together and starting up their own competition.  Then it just comes down to whether you can get the players involved or not.  You get the players and you'll get a lot of fans, maybe not us legacy fans, but lots and lots of other fans around the world.

Or just maybe the money-wasting idiots at clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona will get their houses in order and realise it is possible to run a football club on less than €500m a year (or whatever it costs them).

Hmm...no...your idea is more plausible I must admit.

To be honest I would have no objection to these people starting a new European or even global competition from scratch. I mean the IPL and other T20 tournaments started from nothing and have become hugely successful, so its perfectly possible.

I wouldn't even mind if they tried to poach the top talent from the PL, La Liga, Serie A etc. Some players will always follow the money, but at least the ones with loyalty and integrity can choose to stay where they are.

If its their own franchises and competition - let them run that circus however they see fit. Just as long as they don't try to destroy the history and traditions of long-established clubs and leagues.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Was always going apparently.  Just been announced now to pacify some fans probably.  

Well its a start, but most won't be happy until the Glazers are out of the picture as well.

EDIT: just read back a bit and seen your earlier post. Oh well... 😂

Sorry but the damage has been done. Chelsea and Man City both tried to pull a fast one on their supporters, now they're backing down. At least have the courage of your conviction. 

All 6 teams should be heavily punished by the FA. Massive fines/points deductions, whatever it takes to ensure they don't try this again.

• Like 2
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sorry but the damage has been done. Chelsea and Man City both tried to pull a fast one on their supporters, now they're backing down. At least have the courage of your conviction. 

All 6 teams should be heavily punished by the FA. Massive fines/points deductions, whatever it takes to ensure they don't try this again.

They should be made to have Warnock, Monk and Strachan as their managers for a couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh yeah we cannot forget what they did less than 48 hours ago - they should still be punished. They arent now the good guys in this

The US owned teams are all very quiet. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

They should be made to have Warnock, Monk and Strachan as their managers for a couple of years.

Oof! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment 😮

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

They must know they are very much in the minority, if nothing else.

The arrogance of these owners is incredible. They assume that if they ask the fans to jump, they'll say "how high?"... If they ask the fans to watch their new league, they'll say "what channel?", If they ask the fans to pay more of their hard earned money for it, they'll say "how much?"...

They assume we watch football for entertainment. And that we want more of it. We don't follow football for entertainment. We follow it because... it's just what we do. How often do you feel "entertained" at a football match or watching your team on TV? Occasionally at best. And yet here we still are...

You go for the anticipation as you walk up to the stadium, the hope that this season it'll be different, the moans, the elation when you score, and the sinking feeling when you concede a goal... You go for the chats you have with the bloke who sits near you, whose name you didn't quite catch the first time you met him, and it's been too long to ask him again, so you just call him "mate" now.

But 'entertainment'? No thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So now what happens? Do we go back to normal?

Are we back to talking about 'the greatest league in the world' every week? 

Are we happy that foreign billionaires are destroying the identities of our clubs? 

Are we happy with the diving and cheating that happens every game? 

Are we happy with VAR? 

Are we happy that working class fans are being priced out of the game? 

Are we happy with corrupt organisations running the game? 

This could be a catalyst for things to change in football but I bet things will quickly go back to normal. 

• Like 2

All 12 teams should be banned from European competition for at least two years along with a hefty fine that goes directly into grassroots football. 

It won't happen in all likelihood, but that's the outcome I'm hoping to see.

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, Duvel said:

So now what happens? Do we go back to normal?

Are we back to talking about 'the greatest league in the world' every week? 

Are we happy that foreign billionaires are destroying the identities of our clubs? 

Are we happy with the diving and cheating that happens every game? 

Are we happy with VAR? 

Are we happy that working class fans are being priced out of the game? 

Are we happy with corrupt organisations running the game? 

This could be a catalyst for things to change in football but I bet things will quickly go back to normal. 

I don't think much will happen at all. People will try to forget this ever happened.

There are rumours that the government is considering enforcing the 50+1 approach but the amount of money involved in creating that would surely be huge.

So many arguments with my mates at the moment around "punish the owners not the fans"

Absolute ***. There's a list of about 40 EFL clubs that have been screwed over by terrible owners and each time the club and the fans have had to suffer. Now there's talk of consequences for the big 6 it's all "aw that's not fair on the fans though". I couldn't care less. Welcome to the real world of 21st century football. 

• Like 1