oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just watched the actual interview segment, now it's been released, and Warnock was massively led in to his answer by the journalist's question and still stuck to the not knowing enough about it line.

I genuinely worry Gibson wanted the Super League to happen to pick up the scraps.

The silence has been damning. 

Thankfully the whole venture has collapsed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just watched the actual interview segment, now it's been released, and Warnock was massively led in to his answer by the journalist's question and still stuck to the not knowing enough about it line.

I genuinely worry Gibson wanted the Super League to happen to pick up the scraps.

Maybe Warnock just didn't want to get involved?  He's got enough on his plate as it is, and it's not like he's going to be involved in the breakaway or indeed in football for that much longer.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe Warnock just didn't want to get involved?  He's got enough on his plate as it is, and it's not like he's going to be involved in the breakaway or indeed in football for that much longer.

Yeah, I don't blame Warnock for dodging the questions, but I do blame the club for staying silent.

If anyone is interested in the latest Perez interview, here's a live thread link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/mvqb6x/livethread_florentino_pérezs_rescheduled/

Some beauties include:

I am quite sad and disappointed. We have been working on this Super League project for 3 years, to fight against the economic problems we were going through.

All the threats, insults.. It was as if we had killed football! Football must be saved.

One of the 6 Premier League clubs did not have much of an interest in the Super League, and that began to wear off on the others. They were never convinced of the project.

If this project didn't work, another one will. Remember: All the 12 clubs signed a legally binding contract.

The English teams left because of the hostile atmosphere. UEFA have put on a display that has surprised me. We asked to speak to the UEFA President, and it was as if we had dropped an atomic bomb.

Young people no longer watch football. 40% of 16-24 year olds do NOT watch football.

You can't get out of the Super League just like that. The contracts that all 12 clubs signed were legally binding.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

He probably didn't want to be all over social media like Neville was haha if he had a outburst 

I love the Real Madrid president Perez stating the 9 clubs can't leave the Super League as its a binding contract. I'm sure FIFA, UEFA and the billionaire owners of the 9 clubs will be quaking in their boots knowing that a contract might have been breached. Looks like its red nose week in Madrid what an idiot. 

So Swansea draw with Reading means all the play off spots are now sorted. All that needs deciding is who finishes where between 3rd to 6th.

I hope to God Sheff Wed beat Forest next week and Swansea beat Derby.

The final day game between Derby v Sheff Wed could be a real cracker. Although my hope is Rotherham survive and both other two join Wycombe going down

So who are we rooting for (if anyone) in the cup final?

Not hugely bothered myself, but sort of hoping Spurs win it, just for the new manager to get off to a (trophy) winning start.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

So who are we rooting for (if anyone) in the cup final?

Not hugely bothered myself, but sort of hoping Spurs win it, just for the new manager to get off to a (trophy) winning start.

Same. Backing Spurs purely for Ryan Mason

I could not have cared less if Jose was in charge but Ryan Mason deserves everyones well wishes after what he has been through in recent years. Since his forced retirement from the game he has appeared as a pundit on few occasions and comes across as a very down to earth, likeable lad.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

imagine the difference this would make if it were put into the championship or even spread across all of the football league. Insanity.

Hopefully it’s shared only amongst the ‘Big Six’ s they are obviously most deserving 

image.gif.94c75901b685e8c922e2d1500b9ad570.gif

• Haha 3
20 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

imagine the difference this would make if it were put into the championship or even spread across all of the football league. Insanity.

I might be imagining this, but I'm sure I've seen the EFL have been fighting for that exact thing, that we should get the rest of their parachute money.