• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Seen ole having a good whine about the fixture congestion at the moment.

Surely they should be happy that they've not been docked points for a failure to fulfil the fixture that caused the congestion... Ah wait, they're not an unfashionable club from the north east.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

EFL won appeal against Derby they set for points deduction Wycombe could end up staying up yet

According to the Daily Mail the sanction is yet to be determined. Could be a points deduction or a fine and could be applied now or next season. Gotta love the speedy and decisive nature of these things! 🙄

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9561583/Derby-RELEGATED-Championship-EFL-won-appeal-against-FFP-rule-break.html

Article in DM suggests that the accounting practice they followed remove £30m of losses from FFP calculation over the three year period. Not exactly small change! Isn’t it nearly as much as the profit they “made” on selling the stadium?
I hope they do get a points deduction this year. If not, you can see why Wycombe are thinking of legal action.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

According to the Daily Mail the sanction is yet to be determined. Could be a points deduction or a fine and could be applied now or next season. Gotta love the speedy and decisive nature of these things! 🙄

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9561583/Derby-RELEGATED-Championship-EFL-won-appeal-against-FFP-rule-break.html

I mean the incident occurred the season Shef Wed broke rules and got their - 6. That relagated them kept Derby up so it is abit messy if Derby deduction isn't applied this season aswell 

• Like 3

There's a deadline in March for matters affecting the current season. I don't know how that sits following an appeal but it's probably unlikely they'll be relegated.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

Article in DM suggests that the accounting practice they followed remove £30m of losses from FFP calculation over the three year period. Not exactly small change! Isn’t it nearly as much as the profit they “made” on selling the stadium?
I hope they do get a points deduction this year. If not, you can see why Wycombe are thinking of legal action.

As I understand it the figures are a lot less than that but that might not be the case of course.  I thought it was the stadium sale that had the bigger impact.  Either way, they won't get a points deduction this season, as Humpty said there is a cut off for a punishment to take place.  Part of me thinks that the reason these panels are giving their decisions after the March cut off point is a deliberate action to push any punishments over to the following season, so that nothing they do effects the current one.  No proof of course, just a hunch.

Wigan got a deduction that applied to the current season if they stayed up & the following season if they went down. Same should happen to Derby really.

Although after thinking about it they are for different things so it probably can't happen that way, but still. It should. *** Derby.

Wigan went into administration rather than this.  I wouldn't even bank on a points deduction at all.  This appeal is solely based on one aspect of what they got charged with a while back, not the entire case with the ground and everything.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

Interesting that this was known 10 days ago and Derby threatened legal action if anyone printed it.

Wouldn't want it to effect their preparations for the final games I would guess.  Imagine the story coming out that the EFL have won the appeal, but no actual judgement is released, so all kinds of rumours do the rounds about might happen.  Wouldn't be ideal for any of the clubs involved. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

As I understand it the figures are a lot less than that but that might not be the case of course.  I thought it was the stadium sale that had the bigger impact.  Either way, they won't get a points deduction this season, as Humpty said there is a cut off for a punishment to take place.  Part of me thinks that the reason these panels are giving their decisions after the March cut off point is a deliberate action to push any punishments over to the following season, so that nothing they do effects the current one.  No proof of course, just a hunch.

Ultimately, of course, the accounting differences must zero out - the different method simply allowed them to delay the losses so as to avoid going over the FFP limit in a specific 3 year period. It did seem a high figure - but they were making huge losses and so in the short term it might have been necessary to delay a huge amount. you would think the valuations they put on players might have been designed to just avoid the FFP loss limits.

As far as points deduction, I can see it getting very messy - if no penalty applies this season, then appealing has meant they stay up instead of Wycombe. Even SW must feel aggrieved - if Derby had had a points deduction, then, in theory,  there would have been little to play for in last game and SW might have won and survived. You can see either Wycombe or Wednesday starting court action, even if it is very likely to fail.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Ultimately, of course, the accounting differences must zero out - the different method simply allowed them to delay the losses so as to avoid going over the FFP limit in a specific 3 year period. It did seem a high figure - but they were making huge losses and so in the short term it might have been necessary to delay a huge amount. you would think the valuations they put on players might have been designed to just avoid the FFP loss limits.

As far as points deduction, I can see it getting very messy - if no penalty applies this season, then appealing has meant they stay up instead of Wycombe. Even SW must feel aggrieved - if Derby had had a points deduction, then, in theory,  there would have been little to play for in last game and SW might have won and survived. You can see either Wycombe or Wednesday starting court action, even if it is very likely to fail.

To me there has to be a set time limit or something like that, in which the case and any appeal needs to be heard and dealt with.  Things being dragged out doesn't benefit the football league, it can only really benefit the club involved by delaying any potential punishments until it's too late to effect that season.  Mind you, it would be helpful if the EFL could do it's job properly in the first place.  If they sign off on things then they should be ok.  Shouldn't need to be going back to look at things from a couple of years ago to see if it was actually ok or not at the time.

• Like 2