oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's more difficult to sue the league than the individual club but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Yes that’s probably correct but I’m not sure what grounds we would have to sue Derby now having finished above them this season 

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes that’s probably correct but I’m not sure what grounds we would have to sue Derby now having finished above them this season 

Because their breaches of the regulations took place in a season when they finished above us, specifically the season when we finished 7th and they finished 6th.  In other words, we would argue that they stopped us from having the opportunity to play in the playoffs and reach the Premier League, where all that lovely dosh resides.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Surely it would be the EFL that Boro would be suing? The issue being that they allowed Derby to cook the books and didn’t act until Gibson threatened to sue?

To sue anyone successfully, you would have to prove you suffered a loss and that they caused it through Illegal actions or through breaking rules.. The League didn’t actually cause any loss - although they were maybe a bit slow to react to it? It was DC that got into the play-off position and it was DC that allegedly fiddled the rules. So I can see that Boro could have a case against Derby for financial loss - had the League found DC had fiddled the stadium values. Whether that amounts to a successful case in the law courts is another matter, and whether the one issue they have been found guilty of after the appeal is sufficient to take to a law court is even more doubtful. But there’s no way you could sue the league. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because their breaches of the regulations took place in a season when they finished above us, specifically the season when we finished 7th and they finished 6th.  In other words, we would argue that they stopped us from having the opportunity to play in the playoffs and reach the Premier League, where all that lovely dosh resides.

Poor Tony was robbed of being a hero to the Boro faithful 😱

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Tony's definitely not poor after all the robbing he's done over his career mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just read that Jurgen Klopp is interested in Bamford.

I'm glad that Pulis thought Gestede was the better striker otherwise we could have been playing in the Premiership instead of the great rollercoaster ride we have endured, sorry enjoyed in the Championship.

• Haha 1

After relegation we should have built around Bamford instead of wasting loads of money on inferior strikers like Assombalonga and Fletcher. Gibson just wanted to throw some money about and, as always, spent recklessly and without any sort of plan. And here we are, 4 years later, after wasting god knows how many millions during 4 boring, dreadful and wasted seasons in the Championship, whilst even more smaller, innovative clubs have continued to overtake us. Modern, innovative football has glaringly exposed Gibson's pernicious, conservative and 1990s approach to running a football club.

• Like 2
On 5/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, Blanco said:

With those 6 defeats in a row, during March-April, we robbed ourselves, regardless of anything Derby did that season.

Still - would have been interesting to see if the fans warmed to Pulis, had he managed to take us up... 🤔

On 5/11/2021 at 7:12 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

I just read that Jurgen Klopp is interested in Bamford.

I'm glad that Pulis thought Gestede was the better striker otherwise we could have been playing in the Premiership instead of the great rollercoaster ride we have endured, sorry enjoyed in the Championship.

In fairness I think Bamford would have struggled had he stayed. Its not just who you have up front, its the whole system you play with.

Patrick went to a team with a manager who believes in playing proper football and he's prospered.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:09 PM, Changing Times said:

More big men up front for us next season 🙌

Thats what wins games in Warnock's World. We can only wait and see if he's able to get the other pieces in place to make it work. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Jokanovic in talks with Sheffield United to take over for the new season. Could see him doing well at Sheffield United with a bit of time.

It's ready made for a Warnock swansong, surely?

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Jokanovic in talks with Sheffield United to take over for the new season. Could see him doing well at Sheffield United with a bit of time.

Think that'd be a bizarre fit given their squad, they'd need a total overhaul unless Jokanovic is moving away from his usual style.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

In fairness I think Bamford would have struggled had he stayed. Its not just who you have up front, its the whole system you play with.

Patrick went to a team with a manager who believes in playing proper football and he's prospered.

Isn't Bamford the second highest scorer of our Riverside tenure plus it was his goals that got Pulis in the Play Offs before he was snubbed for not being "Aaaard" enough when he got concussed. If he could score goals in a Pulis team he can score goals anywhere and certainly more than Gestede, Britt, Fletcher or Akpom.

3 hours ago, MMC said:

Think that'd be a bizarre fit given their squad, they'd need a total overhaul unless Jokanovic is moving away from his usual style.

I'm not so sure it's a bizzare fit in my opinion. A lot of their squad is the same as the team that got them up and staying up playing a pretty good brand of football. I think there is at times a bit of a misconception that they don't get the ball down and play, when it's the opposite at times. The year they went up, only Swansea, Brentford, Norwich, Leeds and Derby* played more passes over the season than them (They actually had a slightly lower long ball % than Derby).

Looking at this season in isolation and they do look pretty poor. But surprisingly they are still looking at a long ball % of only 15%. The reason I'm mentioning this is the year Jokanovic got Fulham up they averaged around 11% long balls over the season. Funnily enough that season (17/18) Fulham topped the charts with passes made, Sheffield sat in 7th. 

Very obviously this is not the only stat or team trait that will mean the transition from Wilder to Jokanovic will be successful, or that the players will adapt to Jokanovic's style. But the foundations are there and they've not been far off playing something similar under Wilder.

*Spot the odd one out! 😂 To be fair to Derby they had a decent team that year.