• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Hope Brentford can turn it around in the second leg. No way Bournemouth deserve to get promoted over them. 

Come on Barnsley in the other game as well. I'd be happy with Brentford or Barnsley going up

• Like 2
1 hour ago, liambell42 said:

Is woodgate actually doing a good job or has be just got the luxury of picking an 11 every week from good players 

The latter. I've spoken to a number of Bournemouth fans since he's come in who notice a lot of the exact same weird subs and formations & decisions that we all grew to hate.

Even today in the playoff game as soon as they went 1 up they basically stopped attacking pretty much.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The latter. I've spoken to a number of Bournemouth fans since he's come in who notice a lot of the exact same weird subs and formations & decisions that we all grew to hate.

Even today in the playoff game as soon as they went 1 up they basically stopped attacking pretty much.

So Warnock gets credit when he comes in and gets a team playing to the bare minimum that's expect of them but woodgate doesn't get it when he does the same?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So Warnock gets credit when he comes in and gets a team playing to the bare minimum that's expect of them but woodgate doesn't get it when he does the same?

What in the actual flying *** did my comment have to do with NW? Just couldn't keep your NW moaning out of a single thread or what?

• Haha 1
Just now, Brunners said:

What in the actual flying *** did my comment have to do with NW? Just couldn't keep your NW moaning out of a single thread or what?

Two similar situations where a manager comes into an under performing team and gets them performing. 

One seems to get credit on here but the other doesn't. Whereas they both deserve it for those achievements. 

It's not that difficult to see the similarities

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Two similar situations where a manager comes into an under performing team and gets them performing. 

One seems to get credit on here but the other doesn't. Whereas they both deserve it for those achievements. 

It's not that difficult to see the similarities

All I'm saying is Bournemouth fans I've seen talk about him haven't been very complimentary. Maybe that changed after that run of 7 wins in a row, I don't know, but JW taking arguably the 2nd best squad into the league in 6th place, when they were 7th when he took over, isn't really something he should get much credit for IMO.

4 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Its a good job Alex Scott wasn't competing with horrible Phil Schofield or Holly never off the tele Willoughby, for the football focus job because she wouldn't have got a look in, with those 2 *** holes. 

You could also throw in Ant and Dec, Stephen Mulhearn and Paddy McGuniess from ITV's predictability list for who is going to get another low budget, brain shrinking, chav appealing, Saturday night drossathon. The gene pool at ITV HQ is alarmingly poor, bereft of any imagination and creativity when it comes to hosting "entertainment" programmes. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

You could also throw in Ant and Dec, Stephen Mulhearn and Paddy McGuniess from ITV's predictability list for who is going to get another low budget, brain shrinking, chav appealing, Saturday night drossathon. The gene pool at ITV HQ is alarmingly poor, bereft of any imagination and creativity when it comes to hosting "entertainment" programmes. 

Paddy McGuinness was the main reason I stopped watching Top Gear. That bloke just loves himself way too much.

Which is a shame because I really like Chris (an actual motoring journalist) and Freddie (likeable and also proved he has balls of steel).

The rest is also the reason I stopped watching so-called "prime time" TV many years ago.

I mean I know it has to be family-friendly, but that doesn't also mean it has to be mind-numbing garbage.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, liambell42 said:

Is woodgate actually doing a good job or has be just got the luxury of picking an 11 every week from good players 

I think its probably a bit of both.

He undoubtedly has a far better squad at his disposal and maybe the players are also better suited to playing his style of football.

But as much as I hate to admit this, he has to be having some sort of input as well. He's picking the teams and tactics...and seems to be doing a decent, if not stellar, job.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Swansea seem to be the boys who can do this. Losing at home bad news for Barnsley in fact seems that they may have peaked too soon and falling away of late

Yep. You'd expect them to make the final now.

Still reckon Brentford will win their second leg and go through, to set up a Brentford - Swansea final.