• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Watching the Morecambe game and a Morecambe player just twisted his leg and originally went down literally with his knees on the touchline, realised he was too close to the edge of the pitch, stood up, walked back into play and then lay back down lol.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Watching the Morecambe game and a Morecambe player just twisted his leg and originally went down literally with his knees on the touchline, realised he was too close to the edge of the pitch, stood up, walked back into play and then lay back down lol.

The Barnsley lad, Woodrow did the same when we were beating them 1-0 under JW, only he was actually off the pitch and walked back on to lie down in their box...  could have understood it if they were winning, but when you are 1-0 down it just seemed strange to me. Part of the modern game I suppose but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth  

Edited by Old Codger
  • Like 3

Nuno Santos being moved on, was rumours of going to Spurs at one point wasn't there? I can't tell whether this is framing a new Wolves manager to be announced or preparing the fans for him joining somebody else. Maybe he's asked them to announce it so he can say bye to the Wolves fans.

Nuno leaving Wolves at end of season...  obviously far too big a paypacket for us, but would have to say that he certainly seems to have established them in the Prem

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Nuno Santos being moved on, was rumours of going to Spurs at one point wasn't there? I can't tell whether this is framing a new Wolves manager to be announced or preparing the fans for him joining somebody else. Maybe he's asked them to announce it so he can say bye to the Wolves fans.

I’d say the Spurs job is his and they are going about it in an attempted nice way for the wolves fans

It says it is by mutual consent.  Not sure which party has someone/something else lined up. If Wolves have pushed him out that could come back to bite them.  Not sure they'd really be able to do better.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’d say the Spurs job is his and they are going about it in an attempted nice way for the wolves fans

I'm surprised they didn't at least make enquries about Bielsa. He seems to be more of a Spurs type manager (not really basing that of anything more than a gut feeling). In any case he's had a hell of a season with Leeds.

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm surprised they didn't at least make enquries about Bielsa. He seems to be more of a Spurs type manager (not really basing that of anything more than a gut feeling). In any case he's had a hell of a season with Leeds.

Maybe they did and he wasn’t interested?

11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Maybe they did and he wasn’t interested?

This wouldn't surprise me, yeah. Apart from his international coaching roles, this is the longest time Bielsa has been in a job. I don't think many other top division clubs would be willing to give him the freedom Leeds does, either. Can you imagine him working well with Dan Levy? I can't. Leeds worship him from the top down and it's pretty understandable.

Yeah Bielsa seems to be thriving at Leeds' environment. Victor Orta and him must have a great working relationship. Leeds' culture behind the scenes seems incredible as the likes of Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Klich, Roberts, Harrison etc have improved so much. Harrison couldn't even get a kick of a ball her under Pulis yet he's excelling in the Premier League for Leeds.

What if Gibson didn't sack Orta after relegation in 2017? I think the past 4 seasons of Middlesbrough FC and Leeds FC show beyond any doubt which of Orta and Gibson is the better at running a football club.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, p_mards said:

What if Gibson didn't sack Orta after relegation in 2017? I think the past 4 seasons of Middlesbrough FC and Leeds FC show beyond any doubt which of Orta and Gibson is the better at running a football club.

Maybe I am mis remembering history but wasn't Orta castigated at the time for being the cause of all our ills and we were better off without him?

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe I am mis remembering history but wasn't Orta castigated at the time for being the cause of all our ills and we were better off without him?

Yeah I remember that too. Think the Gazette did a proper hatchet job on the lot of them when they left barring Leo.

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I remember that too. Think the Gazette did a proper hatchet job on the lot of them when they left barring Leo.

Yep the Gazette threw Orta under the bus hugely.

• Like 2