• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Out of those Orta, brought here, who would you consider successes or failures, might be wrong but the ratio seemed to be fairly even...  or is it just the disappointments leave deeper scars

16 hours ago, Brunners said:

Yep the Gazette threw Orta under the bus hugely.

And absolutely not at all instigated by Steve Gibson...

He has learned well from his Tory MP chums on how to control the media so that he can deflect negative attention onto anyone but himself. He has effectively turned the Evening Gazette into North Korean state propaganda with the same regurgitated cheesy Jesus-like photos of him looking all benevolent and serene. It’s stomach-churning stuff that I think even North Korean’s would find a bit too much.

That hatchet job on Orta absolutely ruined my opinion of Gibson. He needs to focus less on propaganda and start realising his own limitations.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Yep the Gazette threw Orta under the bus hugely.

Still high from the 2016 noxious fumes of “taking back control” from Europeans who were *allegedly* to blame for everything, Gibson pulled a few strings in Tory HQ and managed to get the ideal bus for the job.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa1e428d309deb1dcc234422f7a80ad0.jpeg

Edited by p_mards
6 hours ago, p_mards said:

Still high from the 2016 noxious fumes of “taking back control” from Europeans who were *allegedly* to blame for everything, Gibson pulled a few strings in Tory HQ and managed to get the ideal bus for the job.

That bus was just one of the many reasons I voted to remain in the EU.

9 hours ago, p_mards said:

And absolutely not at all instigated by Steve Gibson...

He has learned well from his Tory MP chums on how to control the media so that he can deflect negative attention onto anyone but himself. He has effectively turned the Evening Gazette into North Korean state propaganda with the same regurgitated cheesy Jesus-like photos of him looking all benevolent and serene. It’s stomach-churning stuff that I think even North Korean’s would find a bit too much.

That hatchet job on Orta absolutely ruined my opinion of Gibson. He needs to focus less propaganda and start realising his own limitations.

How dare you utter such blasphemous, heretical untruths against our lord and saviour Kim Jong Steve! 

Disagree Clean It Up GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

9 hours ago, p_mards said:

Lol. Not the Tories' finest hour. I like to think anyone with a few functioning brain cells would have seen through that...but there were obviously lots of more gullible voters who fell for it.

As I recall though they didn't actually blame the EU for anything. The whole "taking back control" rhetoric was simply to do with being able to make our own trade deals, control our fishing waters and borders. Tightening up regulations on who can work in the UK and not being at the mercy of the EU's indecision and procrastination should we be faced with swarms of illegal immigrants.

Personally I wouldn't trust the EU to run a bath and they sure as hell don't have the UK's best interests in mind. Its all about the "greater good of the collective" (EU speak for whoever does the best job of brown-nosing Merkel & Macron).

Lots of play-off football today, Brentford v Bournemouth kicking off in 10 mins! Sunderland 2-0 down to Lincoln at 3:30pm then Swansea winning 1-0 against Barnsley at 6:30pm.

Finally worth a day pass of NOW TV!