• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Wow Aresnal have sacked Steve Bould, someone who had been accredited as a big part of Wengers success particularly bringing through youth players. I would tempted if I was Gibson too swoop in and get him the staff, id suggest scouting would be a great move. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Just come back from a wedding to find that Sunderland and Bournemouth have been knocked out odmf tge playoofs. Happy days!

Just found out that Jurgen Klopp was only a few metres away from where we were taking the wedding pictures. I didn't even see him ffs :'D

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Eddie Howe is reportedly still getting £100,000 a week from Bournemouth.

football is a weird world

When he left it said it was by mutual consent. That’s often used as an euphemism for being sacked. If that was case he would be entitled to his notice period pay - he was contracted until this June. Clubs prefer to pay a contract off as and when the monthly salary was due. That means if an ex- manager finds a new job they don’t have to pay up the rest of the contract period. Sometimes the manager and the club agree a part pay-off saving the club money and allowing the manager to find a new job.

Could explain why he is still bookies favourite for Celtic job but nothing has happened - if they wait until end of season it saves Celtic money. If that’s the case he will probably  be effectively working for Celtic now - looking at all the seasons games on video and deciding what players he wants, using his contacts to find out what players he would like to sign  are looking for etc. All a bit underhand but I guess it happens a lot.

• Thanks 1
On 5/21/2021 at 6:38 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe I am mis remembering history but wasn't Orta castigated at the time for being the cause of all our ills and we were better off without him?

Well of course he was, he's not an 'ard working Teessider!

Mad to think Donnarumma could leave Milan this summer because it's cheaper for them to spend €15m on Maignan from Lille than pay Mino Raiola his commission for a new deal. Plus the salary could be 5-6 times cheaper for them.

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Mad to think Donnarumma could leave Milan this summer because it's cheaper for them to spend €15m on Maignan from Lille than pay Mino Raiola his commission for a new deal. Plus the salary could be 5-6 times cheaper for them.

Raiola is a parasite and a blight on football.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Gotta practice what you preach but many clubs will ultimately agree to his demands if they want the players he represents. I'm sure United don't like him too much either but then they didn't feel that was important enough not to sign Pogba and I bet they won't give a toss if they want to sign Haaland either. It's all capitalising on the money in football and people like Raiola are just taking advantage of that desperation of clubs to land their man.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

As are many agents. Sucking far too much money out of the game while contributing nothing to it.

Would be great if more players were prepared to negotiate their own deals and cut out the middlemen. Might even get more money out of it, with no agents' fees added on.

• Like 2

Flich, Galtier and Conte have left Bayern Munich, Lille and Inter Milan respectively after winning their league this season.

That's got to be a rare occurrence for it to happen in so many top leagues at once.

• Like 1