oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

With Rangers back in the fold it's a high risk low reward job for him and I don't blame him for refusing it. Winning the league would be an expectation rather than an achievement and anything less would be a failure.

His Bournemouth side might have stagnated towards the end of his tenure but I really rate Howe as a manager. Managed to bring them all the way up the leagues while playing exciting football. He's a manager I'd take here tomorrow but who legitimately deserves another chance with a premier league club imo.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

21 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Here we go again.

It was always going to catch up with Stoke, they spent even more than we did.

Should be okay as long as they don't sell it to themselves. 😉

53 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not remotely surprised about that falling apart. He's been linked with the job since Lennon left and that was 3 months ago. Everyone's been talking about it like it's a foregone conclusion. It was clearly a struggle otherwise he'd have been in place earlier than this.

I think the £100,000 a week Bournemouth we’re paying was part of the issue?

2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Word has it Eddie Howe is waiting for NW to get sacked and he'll be all over the Boro job like a tramp on chips.

With our track record of managerial appointments, we'd be more likely to offer the job to a tramp than Eddie Howe.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Word has it Eddie Howe is waiting for NW to get sacked and he'll be all over the Boro job like a tramp on chips.

Whose word...anyone remotely reliable? I'd be one happy bunny if he did replace Warnock.

15 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

With our track record of managerial appointments, we'd be more likely to offer the job to a tramp than Eddie Howe.

Or Eddie Edwards...or Eddie Izzard...or Eddie Redmayne...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

We all know Woodgate is coming back after NW leaves

• Angry 1
11 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

We all know Woodgate is coming back after NW leaves

Well he got Bournemouth into the play-offs, so he's clearly a good manager now. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

So happy Brentford are doing well. I have a hatred for Swansea and don’t really know why 😂). They deserve their chance in the big league and good luck to them. 

I'm still salty about our game this year tbh. I want them to lose out of spite.

• Like 2