• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, BoroJake said:

Do not say the name of the footballer. It is all over twitter, but do not post the name

Quite right, I've seen the name on twitter but thought it best not to share here. It's on there if anyone wants to know.

Found this .. 

"As rumours spread amongst the football world that the player himself had been arrested for texting in a sexual nature underage girls, his wife has come forward to deny any such claims and state the player is not behind bars or been arrested.

As no evidence has come forward despite thousands of tweets being published on social media by football fans claiming to be “In the know”, it appears to be another case of vile attacks on football players by using the social media channel.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after being caught texting underage girls."

• Thanks 1

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots posting stuff with zero information or in possession of any facts whatsoever just fuelling idle gossip.

If he is guilty then let the law deal with it and ensure he gets a fair trial and whatever punishment is meted out to him. If he is innocent then this has to be his and his family's worse nightmare. If he was guilty and gets off because of the tweets and impossibility of a fair trial then the victim (assuming there may be one) doesn't get justice and has been dragged through all the upset and pain for nothing.

Social media has to be made accountable for their content and what they permit to be posted. Prosecutions and penalties need to be severe to clamp down on destroying peoples lives regardless of guilt or otherwise. There is a legal process that needs to be followed and respected for everyone's sake.

• Like 12

I never believe anything I read on social media...especially if its been posted on a tabloid account.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that. As Smogdane's quote said, there is no evidence at this time.

If there is, I'm sure it'll come out in due course.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots posting stuff with zero information or in possession of any facts whatsoever just fuelling idle gossip.

If he is guilty then let the law deal with it and ensure he gets a fair trial and whatever punishment is meted out to him. If he is innocent then this has to be his and his family's worse nightmare. If he was guilty and gets off because of the tweets and impossibility of a fair trial then the victim (assuming there may be one) doesn't get justice and has been dragged through all the upset and pain for nothing.

Social media has to be made accountable for their content and what they permit to be posted. Prosecutions and penalties need to be severe to clamp down on destroying peoples lives regardless of guilt or otherwise. There is a legal process that needs to be followed and respected for everyone's sake.

Good comparison.

Trial by social media is very much the modern equivalent of the 17th century witch hunts. Doesn't help that the tabloids just love being self-appointed Witchfinder Generals.

• Like 3

Seems there is something to this after all.

Just heard on the radio (BBC 5 Live) that the person in question has been arrested (and suspended by their club). So the police are taking it seriously at least. 😮

Obviously not the same as being guilty, but things just got serious.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Seems there is something to this after all.

Just heard on the radio (BBC 5 Live) that the person in question has been arrested (and suspended by their club). So the police are taking it seriously at least. 😮

Obviously not the same as being guilty, but things just got serious.

I think that's just catch up news as oppose to old news. I believe he was arrested earlier in the month and released on bail pending enquiries and his Club suspended him at the time pending the outcome.

Of course if he has been rearrested and charged then that is something new.

• Like 1