• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We can't, can we?  Hasn't it been claimed that the stadium design doesn't allow for it cos of the rake/slope?

Won't contradict you, as I don't know, but I'd never heard that.

Definitely wouldn't seem like the case from the few occasions when I was in the lower stands.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Won't contradict you, as I don't know, but I'd never heard that.

Definitely wouldn't seem like the case from the few occasions when I was in the lower stands.

I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall Gibson or someone saying that we wouldn't be putting it in because of this.  It's weird that I've got a memory of this but I can't find anything online about it though so I could be thinking of another stadium somewhere 🤷‍♂️

It would have been a good few years ago, probably before I started posting on here, which was 2013.  May have even been back when we were last in the Premier League for a chunk of time.  Or like I say, I'm imaging it.  I just have this thing of Gibson or the club being set against it, and that was the reason given.  Like I say, weird.

44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall Gibson or someone saying that we wouldn't be putting it in because of this.  It's weird that I've got a memory of this but I can't find anything online about it though so I could be thinking of another stadium somewhere 🤷‍♂️

It would have been a good few years ago, probably before I started posting on here, which was 2013.  May have even been back when we were last in the Premier League for a chunk of time.  Or like I say, I'm imaging it.  I just have this thing of Gibson or the club being set against it, and that was the reason given.  Like I say, weird.

No I'm pretty sure you're right, the design of our stands means it's not safe to implement.

• Like 1

So, with less than two weeks until their opening Championship fixture, Derby County have made 0 signings, have no senior CBs on a deal with the club, have had no more news about their proposed takeover, have a senior squad of about 12 players, are under a transfer embargo and are still waiting to submit 3 accounts to the EFL.

If they don't get relegated this season I will be absolutely STUNNED.

• Like 2
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So, with less than two weeks until their opening Championship fixture, Derby County have made 0 signings, have no senior CBs on a deal with the club, have had no more news about their proposed takeover, have a senior squad of about 12 players, are under a transfer embargo and are still waiting to submit 3 accounts to the EFL.

If they don't get relegated this season I will be absolutely STUNNED.

Rooney has come out recently and basically said exactly that. "we need to sign some players or we can't even field a team for the first game"

6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Rooney has come out recently and basically said exactly that. "we need to sign some players or we can't even field a team for the first game"

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

Fulhams squad ON PAPER is pretty spooky. It looks like they haven't had a particularly busy pre season so hopefully we can catch them cold in the opening fixture.

30 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Would not want Wood at Derby. That place is a circus and is no place for his development.

Rather he went to a team who was chasing promotion out of league 1 than somewhere like Derby. Somewhere like Rotherham would be ideal for him.

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Fulhams squad ON PAPER is pretty spooky. It looks like they haven't had a particularly busy pre season so hopefully we can catch them cold in the opening fixture.

I don't think they need to improve their squad much, if at all to be honest.

They drew their last pre-season game against a strong Southampton side, this was the team they put out by the looks of it:

Fabri
Tete Mawson Ream Robinson
Francois Onomah
Knockaert Carvalho Kebano
Mitrovic

Out of the subs that came on, Christie, Adarabioyo, Bryan, Seri, Anguissa, Kamara... there's quite a few players just amongst those 17 that would improve our squad even if not the first team. Add Gazzaniga and especially Wilson to the mix and they look really dangerous. Mitrovic has once again surely got to be right up there as top scorer again.

Think it's going to be a very tough night for us, first proper game back in the Cottage for the fans, good new manager with a quality squad of players. Only downside really is their new stand probably won't be ready for the new season yet.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I dunno if we would loan a player to Derby right now.  Not exactly Gibson's favourite club, are they? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's always a team that look dead and buried before the season even starts, and it's usually the same story, that they have a handful of first team players, a few kids, and a couple of old fellas doing keepy ups in the park who looked handy.

They will get signings in, by hook or (more accurately) by crook. They'll probably still get relegated, mind.

• Like 1