oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

34 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Currently at Ashton Gate. Watching Brizzel v Villa. First impressions is all the players look massive compared to ours 😳

Are you sure you're not just sitting a bit closer?

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Are you sure you're not just sitting a bit closer?

I did say that to my boy. 😂

I don’t mean height wise. But more shoulders/build. 

Anyone see Spain needed a 93rd minute equaliser against the Ivory Coast to take it to extra time, before winning 5-2! 

I also earmarked Mexico pre-Olympics to be there or there abouts. They look good for it after beating Korea 6-3! But do have Brazil up next in the Semis.

25 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Also why are Bournemouth and Huddersfield playing in the EFL cup like a week before everyone else?

Not sure, sheff wed play Huddersfield tomorrow too. Bit strange. 

Edit: just realised you already mentioned Huddersfield…. my mistake! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Not sure, sheff wed play Huddersfield tomorrow too. Bit strange. 

Edit: just realised you already mentioned Huddersfield…. my mistake! 

Really strange...maybe there is a scheduling conflict or something?

I read somewhere that all clubs in this round of the league cup were given option of playing this weekend before the first league games if both clubs agreed to help manage fixtures

It seemed some have done so whilst majority have decided to play in the midweek after the first league game, maybe prioritising a extra week of pre season over a longer break after the first league game

• Like 2

I see Swansea have confirmed Russel Martin as they new manager.

I actually think they will struggle this season. I also dont expect to see Barnsley up there this year

The three promoted teams look strong as don't think any of then have sold any of they major players. Albeit still a month to go. But as has been proven, relegated teams who keep the core of they PL squad tend to perform well.

I expect Bournemouth will be strong as they got same squad as last year and a good managee in Parker. 

Apart from then 4 teams I dont think there many other teams better than us. Think us and Cardiff are fairly evenly matched as 5th and 6th best teams imo. Maybe Cardiff got slight edge. I also expect Forest to perform better this season than last and challenge for play offs. 

Dark horses for me are possibly Birmingham.

20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I've been very impressed with Villa's recruitment in the past season or two. 

Martinez, Watkins, Cash and Traore last summer.

Buendia, Bailey and now Ings this summer. 

Ings was a surprise, thought Spurs might have looked at him.

Villa also after Ward Prowse 

some good signings in there and some fairly decent fees paid as well.

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Ings was a surprise, thought Spurs might have looked at him.

Villa also after Ward Prowse 

some good signings in there and some fairly decent fees paid as well.

Yeah surprised Spurs didn't take a proper look at him. Unless they have different targets in mind.

Ward-Prowse and also rumoured to be looking at Cantwell too. Obviously losing Grealish is huge, but to be able to bring in Buendia and Bailey to "replace" him for half the cost is insane.

They've been very savvy in terms of fees, but what's impressed me the most is their very targeted approach to signings. Last summer they knew they had serious issues in goal, right back and upfront and they addressed those problems areas very competently.