oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

All I'm saying we had a modern 34000 capacity stadium. We. got promoted after the Brighton game. Sky then said we needed to spend £5 million to upgrade their media access. Bournemouth had a 12000 capacity stadium, Did Sky say they needed to spend £5 on media access,??? NFW

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Rat catcher said:

All I'm saying we had a modern 34000 capacity stadium. We. got promoted after the Brighton game. Sky then said we needed to spend £5 million to upgrade their media access. Bournemouth had a 12000 capacity stadium, Did Sky say they needed to spend £5 on media access,??? NFW

Maybe because their media access was fine? What does media access have to do with capacity?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

It's got ucck all about capacity. But we had to spend £5 million on access when we had a new stadium.

I really don't understand what your point is here. Originally it was that Bournemouth got to stay in the premier league with a small stadium, now it's that we had to spend money to improve our media access in a completely different era? 

So Bournemouth stadium which was like Darlington's Arena was fully fit for the premier league. Where as the Riverside a new stadium had to spend £5 to upgrade it media facilities to suit sky. If we had a 12000 capacity stadium The premier league would have kicked off.   

4 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

So Bournemouth stadium which was like Darlington's Arena was fully fit for the premier league. Where as the Riverside a new stadium had to spend £5 to upgrade it media facilities to suit sky. If we had a 12000 capacity stadium The premier league would have kicked off.   

Bournemouth’s stadium only holds 12000 but it’s media facilities are all updated 

46 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We couldn't modify Ayresome Park in order to comply with the Taylor Report is my point. We had no choice but to build a brand new stadium. The Taylor Report only affected clubs in the top two divisions so Bournemouth weren't affected, then the report was tweaked multiple times with some of the rules relaxed.

He's not talking about when we moved to the Riverside DZ, he's talking about when we went up under AK, we immediately had to renovate our media stuff.

9 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

I do love a good rant, but I really dont see your point!

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Where as the Riverside a new stadium had to spend £5 to upgrade it media facilities to suit sky. 

£5? Did they just want us to buy them a new tripod for their camera or something?! Tight beggars 😛

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

Well that just fine, hope the upgrade did not cost £5 million. 

So what if it did? We obviously could afford it, we built Rockcliffe Park for christ's sake.

Either you just hate Bournemouth for some reason or there's a real "old man shouts at cloud" energy here.

Either way mate, it's a *** weird hill to die on.

• Like 1

Did not realise until yesterday match how strong WBA squad is. They have 5 very good centre backs for this level in Bartley, OShea, Ajayi, Kipre and Clarke. Good midfielders in Livermore n Mowatt. And then in attack they got Diangana, Robinson and Grant. All 3 can hit each double figures easily. And then they got likes of Matt Phillips, Reach, Snodgrass, Sawyers etc in reserve. And they are still looking to strengthen.

34 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Did not realise until yesterday match how strong WBA squad is. They have 5 very good centre backs for this level in Bartley, OShea, Ajayi, Kipre and Clarke. Good midfielders in Livermore n Mowatt. And then in attack they got Diangana, Robinson and Grant. All 3 can hit each double figures easily. And then they got likes of Matt Phillips, Reach, Snodgrass, Sawyers etc in reserve. And they are still looking to strengthen.

WBA will take some stopping in this league, they are big, fast and under the new coach they are playing a brand of, in your face intimidating football. It’s quite daunting to look at their squad in comparison to ours, which is why they carry my hard earned with the bookies to become champions. They are talking to City about bringing in Delap but apart from that, Ismael thinks he has the tools for the job

• Like 1