oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

They are Barca players so the club will have to honor their contract regardless of their ability to register them. It’s not the player’s faults that the club is run by muppets. If they can’t register them they can’t play, but are still employed by Barca. So they will have to loan them out. I’m fairly sure that there will be some sort of loophole for the big club to exploit. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Not really any of my business but as a neutral - Brunners - you have been coming across as a bit of a *** towards newyddion. You weren't calling him out for saying something stupid - and if he was - it would have been better for you to explain why what he said was wrong. You said he makes things up. Which is a bit different. And you seem to have snipped at him a few times in other places too. Could do with laying off him a bit.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Not really any of my business but as a neutral - Brunners - you have been coming across as a bit of a *** towards newyddion. You weren't calling him out for saying something stupid - and if he was - it would have been better for you to explain why what he said was wrong. You said he makes things up. Which is a bit different. And you seem to have snipped at him a few times in other places too. Could do with laying off him a bit.

he does make things up.

5 minutes ago, Ayresome365 said:

Can you not just ignore it?

I could do, but why should I. He posts his opinions on a public forum. I happen to think a number of his opinions are fabrications built on some fantasy reality he believes we live in. I've agreed with him on a number of posts that he's made too, when he's being sensible.

If everyone just ignored posts they disagreed with on here, it'd be a very boring place.

Yes, I was being flippant this morning; but he's made a string of comments over the past day or two that have just been entirely bonkers, quite frankly.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

To be fair, if you look back, quite a few people pointed out what was wrong with what newy was saying and he didn't really take notice. No problem with what he's saying at all but it was fantastical given the information posted by a few people one after the other saying why his suggestions weren't really compatible with reality. This after suggesting a player whose current market value sits at nearly £8m and has had bids rejected for not much less than that could be attainable for £500k. Again, nothing wrong with his opinions but it is fantastical and I don't think anyone's breaking any rules for pointing that out.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, newyddion said:

‘a player who’s current market value sits at nearly £8m’ pretty specific there cheif! you obviously have all the information to hand to be able to quantify that figure. I happened to put a figure next to the player in a post after a Turkish fan was kicking off on Twitter saying they should be getting €30m.. absolutely crackers! This was after several folks on here were posting £8m/£9m on here like it was fact.. I don’t happen to believe that to be the case. Same thing happens with any mention of Josh Maja.. fees being quoted that are way over the top and completely made up.

As for Messi, I was surprised that something wasn’t worked out with Barca and he ended up leaving in the manner he did. I even questioned what his shirt number would be if he signed for PSG.. all pretty shocking stuff from a fantasy fictional world no doubt!

Christ, if you're that bothered, his market value is on transfermarkt. It's not the be all and end all but I can almost guarantee you there won't be many, if any signings (particularly 20+ goal strikers!) going between clubs at a sixteenth of their transfermarkt market value.

I agreed with you on the shirt number debate, I think it could be a bit of a problem to deal with. But after people had posted quite a few things about how Spanish law and La Liga registrations meant any deal could not be completed, you still said:

If the club & player really wanted it to happen I’m sure they could have worked something out.

So yeah, fictional world probably about covers that.

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm just laughing at the fact @DocMartin said that we're less prone to meltdowns and yet we've had a couple just in the last few hours, including my own! 😂

Yes, It was beginning to remind me of my former life in Portwenn where I would state the bleeding 🤮 obvious and then some hapless, foolhardy resident would make a mockery out of a situation I’d previously accidentally set up. It seems I have arrived in the nick of time though, it is a good job Warnock persuaded me to move up with him as club Dr. Those involved in this petty spat need to report to my surgery tomorrow evening, whereupon I will prescribe for you my resolution, using my renowned deadpan, acerbic wit, leaving you chastened, but with a tincture of self reflection and a mild dislike of my pugnacious bedside manner.

(Any resemblance to past events of on site moderators, whether living or dead, is purely coincidental).

@newyddionwith all respect, I think you should consider leaving the argumentative bullshit posting to FMTTM. We already have one poster like that in @Changing Timesand frankly, one is enough.

You seem like a decent enough guy but the rubbish you post on the other forum doesn't really fly here (which is why so many of us are calling you out on it!)

Take the hint, pal

• Like 3

Don't like what I have been reading on here of late, not the content of the posts persay but mannerisms that are beginning to come to light.

Reign it in a little guys with the direct arguements, other forum members begin to get bored with it.

For the benefit of the many I am prepared to let others go so please stop the aggresive tones that are being repeated more and more.

Thank you

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Dear Leader has spoken

north korea GIF

No need for that comment DZ and as an example why on earth did you directly mention CT in your previous post knowing that it would probably lead to another bout of mischief on the forum.

Do as you preach buddy

8 hours ago, newyddion said:

I’m not bothered.. not in the slightest. I don’t believe that transfermerkt values represent actual transfer fees tbh. I don’t really need anyone one here to agree that Messi’s shirt number with a different club might be issue. He’s still the biggest player in the world and no doubt attracts the biggest sponsors etc.(all of which will have been based on Messi 10) Similar with Michael Jordan and 23

Me thinking or suggesting that between the biggest player in the world and one of the biggest clubs in the world something could maybe have been done to keep that player at the club is hardly outside the realms of reality.

FYI.. the lag, update rate and layout of forum posts (the stream) doesn’t seem to lend itself to real time information in terms of a conversation. (1)

Plenty of bed wetting round these parts.. Messi hasn’t even moved anywhere yet!

What will folks do if the situation turns on it’s head and Messi ends up signing for Barcelona again!! I know everyone has their Spanish legal books out and their crystal balls .. and they’ve all went though with a fine tooth comb the accounts for Barca, Messi and Sponsors.. but what if? (2)

Totally goes against the rules round here, really pushing the boundaries asking football related question. (3)

1. Everyone else manages fine.

2. Then we will all use our legal books & fine tooth combs to figure out what La Liga changed to let Barca do that, because as of now, they can't fit him in without a serious change in the rules.

3. You don't ask football related questions; you make bizarre football statements.

• Like 1