oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

43 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

No need for that comment DZ and as an example why on earth did you directly mention CT in your previous post knowing that it would probably lead to another bout of mischief on the forum.

Do as you preach buddy

No offence intended, nor mischief regarding CT. He knows full well he's an argumentative sod and he owns it 😛👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

23 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If you'd read up the thread, they literally cannot afford to sign him.

Spanish law prevents a new contract being lower than 50% of the previous contract's wage and La Liga prevent wages being over 70% of club revenue.

With Messi on his existing contract, they were on 115% wages compared to revenue.

Even if he'd played for free, which he legally cannot, they'd be on 95% and they wouldn't be able to sign him again without shedding another 25% of the wage bill.

The pandemic has obviously crippled their revenue and they've spent stupidly for years too.

Well I generally don't have time to read entire threads and the BBC article made no mention of this fact.

In that case what I'd like to know is if La Liga rules prevent clubs from spending more than 70% of revenue on wages...how the hell did they end up spending 115%?

Seems to me there has been a spectacular failure to enforce the rules here.

I'll happily retract my comment about Messi's crocodile tears though, as the situation was evidently out of his hands.

Edited by AnglianRed
21 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Messi's shirt number is pretty synonymous with his image, though. If you think of #10s in football, there isn't any more recognisable than Messi. Same as CR7 and Ronaldo being the most recognisable #7. It wouldn't shock me if someone was using his image rights associated with his number that will have to adjust things or change things altogether to suit whatever his new number is going to be. And of course, if there is to be a complication, it's definitely going to affect either Neymar or Messi, two of the most marketable assets in football.

It's unlikely to stop him from signing for PSG really but signing Messi is certainly, in my eyes, more complicated than your average transfer due to how marketable an asset he is and that shirt number is going to be a consideration for someone, somewhere.

Hmm...well according to PSG's website Neymar is their current #10. I'm pretty sure he could make similar claims about the shirt number and his marketability.

As you say I'm sure there will be some interesting negotiations.

I think I read PSG offered him the number 30 shirt. At least that was at the top of Reddit at the time, so it has a 50% change of being legit and 50% chance of being bullshit upvoted to the top for no reason.

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well I generally don't have time to read entire threads and the BBC article made no mention of this fact.

In that case what I'd like to know is if La Liga rules prevent clubs from spending more than 70% of revenue on wages...how the hell did they end up spending 115%?

Seems to me there has been a spectacular failure to enforce the rules here.

I'll happily retract my comment about Messi's crocodile tears though, as the situation was evidently out of his hands.

Revenue has collapsed because of a global pandemic and no fans.

10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

No need for that comment DZ and as an example why on earth did you directly mention CT in your previous post knowing that it would probably lead to another bout of mischief on the forum.

Do as you preach buddy

That's not my style mate, as everyone knows. 

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Revenue has collapsed because of a global pandemic and no fans.

It has but the article I read, that Anglian has also read, suggested that it was still Barcelona's choice ultimately, and that the decision to not keep him on was actually theirs, not down to regulations.  If the minimum he could stay for was £60m a year then I think they've probably made the right choice.  Time to move on to attempt to build their next great team I'd say?

29 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Derby County 0-2 down against Salford after 14 minutes..

Not a big fan of Salford, but this is funny. Ravel Morrison starts for Derby, would like to see a bit of magic from him..

You might need to invent a time machine then and go back about 7 years or so.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You might need to invent a time machine then and go back about 7 years or so.

Then watch that one training session at Man Utd where he was a little bit good. 

1 hour ago, newyddion said:

Derby County 0-2 down against Salford after 14 minutes..

Not a big fan of Salford, but this is funny. Ravel Morrison starts for Derby, would like to see a bit of magic from him..

Blimey mate, you got it, well kinda anyway, if you ignore the original freekick 👍