oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think he's always done well at Burton, he just seems to struggle at other clubs.

I'd still probably have him here.

He was pretty dire as Cobblers manager, but that said Cobblers are normally crap in League One after being promoted, so not sure he's entirely to blame! 😂

What capacity do we reckon he'd be back in? Coaching? Or backroom?

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It was Warnock who signed him for Cardiff.

I know..   but people have linked us with every other player he had there and I didn't want him to feel left out ) 

13 hours ago, Brunners said:

3, June 2016, 2017, 2018.

How come accounts from 5,4 and 3 years ago aren't ready. You'd think they just needed printing as they've already been filed once. And how do they get extended deadlines? It can't come as a surprise that they had to have them ready for today.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

How come accounts from 5,4 and 3 years ago aren't ready. You'd think they just needed printing as they've already been filed once. And how do they get extended deadlines? It can't come as a surprise that they had to have them ready for today.

They have been ordered to recalculate them as they were using irregular accounting practices with regards their amortisation of players over the length of their contracts. It's part of the EFL's FFP ruling on them.

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, Borodane said:

yeah like Will said, they basically had to do them again.

As for why they got an extension...who knows. Apparently it's part of "constructive talks" between Derby & The EFL, so perhaps Derby are successfully sweet talking their way out of any repercussions.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Brunners said:

yeah like Will said, they basically had to do them again.

As for why they got an extension...who knows. Apparently it's part of "constructive talks" between Derby & The EFL, so perhaps Derby are successfully sweet talking their way out of any repercussions.

Probably easier to agree to a short extension than run the risk of an appeal based on “inflexibility of EFL” when Derby “were trying their best to comply”. 

• Like 2

Also, from last night

Millwall fans booed Fulham taking the knee. Gary Rowett came out after the game and said the above and is now also getting blasted for it.

Here is Jobi McAnuff talking about the incident. 

The problem is (and I know this full well because my dad is one of them) people have intrinsically linked kneeling to the BLM organisation, who they believe to be Marxist scum. To these people, no matter how many times you tell them what the kneeling represents, kneeling = support for Marxism and the BLM org.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The problem is (and I know this full well because my dad is one of them) people have intrinsically linked kneeling to the BLM organisation, who they believe to be Marxist scum. To these people, no matter how many times you tell them what the kneeling represents, kneeling = support for Marxism and the BLM org.

Had your Dad expressed strong feelings about Marxism before let's say, 2019?

• Like 2

To be honest I don't think it would matter what gesture clubs or players used, instead of kneeling.

The sad fact is, racism exists and no amount of campaigning or "re-education" is going to change some people's minds. There will always be people who view those who are different to them, be it colour, nationality or religion, as lesser / inferior beings and therefore worthy of abuse.

Just look at the wave of xenophobia against Poles after the Brexit referendum.

I think those citing BLM=Marxism as the reason for their actions are using it as an excuse. I doubt the majority of them would even be able to quote anything from Das Kapital if you asked them.

Scumbags will always be scumbags and simply will not change (the majority anyway). I have seen interviews with a few reformed racists who now feel ashamed of their previous actions, but I believe there will always be a hardcore element, who will refuse to change.

I suppose its not good PR for clubs to simply give up and try not to cause waves, but at the same time I don't feel they are going to accomplish anything like this.

The only real solution I see having any effect is dramatically increased surveillance and security inside grounds, with staff (or 3rd party contractors) who have the power to eject anyone caught engaging in racist, homophobic or other unacceptable behaviour. Followed swiftly by lifetime bans.

For me, this softly-softly route of trying to encourage better behaviour is doomed to fail.

• Like 2