oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

30 minutes ago, ABH said:

He didn’t mention skin colour once and unlike you he certainly didn’t divide the players into groups based on the colour of their skin

He didn't have to mention skin colour, it's pretty obvious the players aren't kneeling to highlight racial inequality for white players

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

It's pretty obvious that a member of an ethnic minority group who were hounded and persecuted by the Nazi campaign of genocide and made to kneel while a bullet was put through the back of their heads that Holgate sees kneeling as something which is submissive in his Romani culture.

I simply read it as to the Roma people kneeling is seen as a submissive act which was forced upon them by an aggressive oppressor who wanted to wipe them from the face of the earth, no more, no less. 

Where or even how a link to White Players are somehow being submissive to Black Players could possibly come from that I have no idea. 

• Like 2

That's exactly right. I don't want to see anyone kneel. I don't see it as an act of inclusivity. I don't want anyone or any race to be submissive. You stand against tyranny not kneel before it. Im much more interested in actual policies ensuring theres equality of opportunity. Not this. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Holgate said:

That's exactly right. I don't want to see anyone kneel. I don't see it as an act of inclusivity. I don't want anyone or any race to be submissive. You stand against tyranny not kneel before it. Im much more interested in actual policies ensuring theres equality of opportunity. Not this. 

Choosing to kneel and being forced to kneel are completely different things.

• Like 1

Of course it was my reasoning for objecting and why I never will agree with it. There's also a great deal of negativity to people who don't agree with it. Automatically called racist and such without even a conversation about their rationale. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Holgate said:

Of course it was my reasoning for objecting and why I never will agree with it. There's also a great deal of negativity to people who don't agree with it. Automatically called racist and such without even a conversation about their rationale. 

It's the morons who boo it that I have an issue with. And nobody is forcing anyone to take the knee, all the players have the freedom not to.

What if they too have genuine points? It's not like they can debate it. If there was booing of the knee and racism at the match I'd agree. The fact is there isn't. Or very isolated incidents of racism  that should be dealt with legally.  It's clearly a divisive gesture. 

15 hours ago, Mr Holgate said:

What if they too have genuine points? It's not like they can debate it. If there was booing of the knee and racism at the match I'd agree. The fact is there isn't. Or very isolated incidents of racism  that should be dealt with legally.  It's clearly a divisive gesture. 

Anything can be divisive if people choose to make it divisive.

15 hours ago, Mr Holgate said:

It is divisive, quite right. It divides those that are racist and those that are not. Lets be honest if the gesture to stand against racism was standing on your head with your left pinky in your ear, there'd be people who would find a reason to be against it. The gesture is immaterial, it's the reason behind the gesture that's important.

I don't like it  and I'm not racist. I have mix raced children. They also consider it divisive. How about the likes of Taylor who have said he won't kneel. Is he racist too? Disagreement doesn't mean racist. 

Just now, Mr Holgate said:

I don't like it  and I'm not racist. I have mix raced children. They also consider it divisive. How about the likes of Taylor who have said he won't kneel. Is he racist too? Disagreement doesn't mean racist. 

This is a thread about booing those that choose to take the knee. I know you don’t agree with the gesture, but would you boo those that did?

I haven't booed people taking a knee. But I also won't state that people who do are automatically racist. Will some of them be? Possibly. Theres virtually zero racist abuse of players at the Riverside. If all that booed were racist you'd hear it and the reality is u don't. 

I think any acts of racism should be dealt with as the criminal offence that they are. 

It's association with Marxism is an interesting debate. Some who boo will be considering that, others won't be. Mine is specific culturally. There were other gestures that wouldn't have been as divisive. Standing proudly together I think works much better for example. I can't remember anyone booing the kick racism out campaign and t shirts 

8 minutes ago, Mr Holgate said:

Theres virtually zero racist abuse of players at the Riverside.

Having experienced it myself there most certainly isn't zero racist abuse of players at the Riverside. And given the lack of action from the club when I reported it, I highly doubt it's an isolated occurrence. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Holgate said:

I haven't booed people taking a knee. But I also won't state that people who do are automatically racist. Will some of them be? Possibly. Theres virtually zero racist abuse of players at the Riverside. If all that booed were racist you'd hear it and the reality is u don't. 

I think any acts of racism should be dealt with as the criminal offence that they are. 

It's association with Marxism is an interesting debate. Some who boo will be considering that, others won't be. Mine is specific culturally. There were other gestures that wouldn't have been as divisive. Standing proudly together I think works much better for example. I can't remember anyone booing the kick racism out campaign and t shirts 

Honestly mate you're flogging a dead horse trying to have a reasoned conversation with many of the people in this thread. Just let them scream loudly on twatter and internet forums.