oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

38 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It is divisive, quite right. It divides those that are racist and those that are not.

This bull**** lazy statement is one of the causes of the division. They’re many reasons people will boo. (Not good reasons that I can think of) but certainly not just down to racism. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Humpty said:

***. Give me one good reason why anyone would boo taking a knee given the explicit reasoning that's been set out for doing so.

I said I couldn’t think of a good reason. But here’s a few I can think of why people would boo 

They’re racist

They’re drunk and think they’re being funny/risqué

They’re ill informed/stupid

They can’t disassociate (regardless of what’s said) with the BLM movement that (especially in the US) has been hijacked by a radical bunch of c**ts. 
And whereas they realise there is racism in the UK this is not the USA and as we are massively different cultures we need different approaches to this issue and not just blindly copy what’s happening over there as that doesn’t seem to be helping in tackling the issue

13 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I said I couldn’t think of a good reason. But here’s a few I can think of why people would boo 

They’re racist

They can’t disassociate (regardless of what’s said) with the BLM movement that (especially in the US) has been hijacked by a radical bunch of c**ts. 
And whereas they realise there is racism in the UK this is not the USA and as we are massively different cultures we need different approaches to this issue and not just blindly copy what’s happening over there as that doesn’t seem to be helping in tackling the issue

That is in no way shape or form a good reason to boo the knee.

At the height of the movement, prior to the euro's and after the Riverside games, the below message was issued by the FA. This clearly and concisely set out the motives behind taking the knee.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jun/12/a-message-to-england-supporters-20210611

There can be no doubt about that now. It's not marxist, it's not submissive, it's not BLM. To put up a reason that it's boo'd because of it's association with the American movement is weak as *** and to be honest it doesn't really hold up. 

People need to be called out for being racist.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's been explicitly stated that players taking the knee before kick-off is entirely and solely about highlighting racial inequality so if you then boo it you're clearly not supporting it which in turn makes you a bit racist, it's not that difficult to understand.

Unless you can be against racial equality and somehow not be racist but I'm not sure how that works

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

At the height of movement prior to the euro's and after the Riverside games the below message was issued by the FA. This clearly and concisely set out the motives behind taking the knee.

There can be no doubt about that now. It's not marxist, it's not submissive, it's not BLM. To put up a reason that it's boo'd because of it's association with the American movement is weak as *** and to be honest it doesn't really hold up. 

Again I never said they’re good reasons just other reasons apart from being racist. And regardless what people/FA have said some people can’t dissociate the message from its origins  (Very similar to a post I made talking about if the USA wanted to bring back the Bellamy salute).

My personal views are. People taking the knee… meh, let them do it if they want

People booing the taking of the knee… dickheads yes but not necessary racists in all cases, which is the area I think me and you disagree on

Calling out racists agree 100%

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Again I never said they’re good reasons just other reasons apart from being racist. And regardless what people/FA have said some people can’t dissociate the message from its origins  (Very similar to a post I made talking about if the USA wanted to bring back the Bellamy salute).

My personal views are. People taking the knee… meh, let them do it if they want

People booing the taking of the knee… dickheads yes but not necessary racists in all cases, which is the area I think me and you disagree on

Calling out racists agree 100%

Just to add. I believe the Marxist argument  is *** and lazy too

• Like 2

If you boo the knee after being explicitly told its to highlight racial injustice then sorry to tell you but, you're a racist.

I'm not sure how people aren't getting that, maybe they're just choosing not to understand it because they have different agendas, I don't know.

35 minutes ago, Uwe said:

They’re racist

If you're ill informed/stupid and that results in booing a message of anti racism you may not be a racist, but I think it's hard to argue the act itself isn't. Same goes for the drunk thinking they're funny/risqué. 

If you choose to associate the action with something that the people doing the action have told you it has nothing to do with for them when they do that action, again you may not be a racist, but you are booing a message of anti-racism, which is inherently racist.

Edited by Will
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

At the height of movement prior to the euro's and after the Riverside games the below message was issued by the FA. This clearly and concisely set out the motives behind taking the knee.

That just highlights why there is a problem. Having to publish that to explain the action and its intended meaning was closing the door after the Horse had well and truly already bolted. 

Initially the BLM was a part of it and now subsequently being quietly distanced from it. Battle lines and opinions however had already been drawn and people were not suddenly going to change their mind and issuing the statement probably just inflamed mindsets rather than the intended effect.

The campaign was launched for a genuine reason but it wasn't thought through and consequently we are where we are. Personally what I don't get is being bothered to boo. It's a shame that more time wasn't taken to develop a campaign that was thought through and unifying.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If you boo the knee after being explicitly told its to highlight racial injustice then sorry but, you're a racist.

I'm not sure how people aren't getting that, maybe they're just choosing not to understand it because they have different agendas, I don't know.

Well there are people that think its fun to beat up opposition fans, just trying to make their way home with their kids, so frankly nothing surprises me anymore.

Some people are racists...others are just ***...

Actually, given how stupid some people can be (e.g. anti vaxxers and other assorted conspiracy theory nutjobs) I can quite believe some of the people booing genuinely think taking the knee is a symbol of some kind of Marxist / New World Order revolution. 

Remember these kind of people aren't interested in facts, only garbage that supports their own warped world view. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That just highlights why there is a problem. Having to publish that to explain the action and its intended meaning was closing the door after the Horse had well and truly already bolted. 

Initially the BLM was a part of it and now subsequently being quietly distanced from it. Battle lines and opinions however had already been drawn and people were not suddenly going to change their mind and issuing the statement probably just inflamed mindsets rather than the intended effect.

The campaign was launched for a genuine reason but it wasn't thought through and consequently we are where we are. Personally what I don't get is being bothered to boo. It's a shame that more time wasn't taken to develop a campaign that was thought through and unifying.

Players over here were never kneeling to support George Floyd, yet a lot of people used that as a reason to boo it, because he was a criminal (and in racist's....sorry, some people's eyes, he deserved to die.)

21 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Please don't be inferring that white players taking the knee are somehow being submissive to black players. 

Surely nobody is that stupid to believe that, right?

You are gravely underestimating humanity's capacity for stupidity... 😉

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Well there are people that think its fun to beat up opposition fans, just trying to make their way home with their kids, so frankly nothing surprises me anymore.

Some people are racists...others are just ***...

Actually, given how stupid some people can be (e.g. anti vaxxers and other assorted conspiracy theory nutjobs) I can quite believe some of the people booing genuinely think taking the knee is a symbol of some kind of Marxist / New World Order revolution. 

Remember these kind of people aren't interested in facts, only garbage that supports their own warped world view. 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention that half the people voted for Brexit and half to Remain, so it just proves that half the population are incredibly gullible and stupid and that division doesn't take that much to be stirred up. Question is which half, which clearly depends on our own particular opinion.

• Like 1