• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It's a tricky one isn't it though?  One season of Mbappe, Messi and Neymar to try and win the Champions League, or €160m into the club to be spent elsewhere or simply help with any potential FFP issues.  Have you got more chance of winning it with him or without him, and how much do you want to win it?  I really don't know what I'd do in their position.

Well the sane person would take the money, but then again PSG's owner have grown up not knowing the value of money so they probably don't care either way. It's absolutely ludicrous if they don't take that deal and his contract runs out. As long as they are not tested on a weekly basis I don't think they will win the Champions League anyway. Christ their overpaid monstersquad couldn't even win the domestic league last season. When the players don't come for the challenge you will most likely be turned over by the other big clubs from bigger leagues. It's the same with Celtic and Rangers albeit on a lesser scale.

37 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Harry Kane is staying at Spurs, Levy hasn't buckled.

Disappointed for him personally, but hopefully he still has a good season.

Yeah I'm crying for him. That 90 million pound contract is like a nuse around his neck 😉 Maybe he should have thought about it before signing a 6 year contract.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Yeah I'm crying for him. That 90 million pound contract is like a nuse around his neck 😉 Maybe he should have thought about it before signing a 6 year contract.

Obviously he's going to have a life a luxury whatever happens, but he's a brilliant striker and I think it'll be a shame for him to end his career without a proper trophy.

• Like 2

I might be wrong but I honestly feel like this is as much about decisions made by other clubs this summer as much as Levy's insistence, if not more. I reckon they would have sold and sold for a good price but the interested clubs have already pretty much made their moves in this window and spent a great deal of money. Chelsea brought in Lukaku to fill the gap in their frontline, City and United have both spent £100m+ on improvements elsewhere and abroad Madrid are stumping up big money for a younger player. I don't really know where else he could have realistically gone this summer that would have offered him what he wants.

How are other people seeing this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58333191

In my mind, I actually think we're right not to change the quarantine rules for players. What makes them more special than the rest of us?

I do feel for the players not getting the chance to represent their countries in this regard but this is a public health matter, not a sporting matter.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

In my mind, I actually think we're right not to change the quarantine rules for players. What makes them more special than the rest of us?

I do feel for the players not getting the chance to represent their countries in this regard but this is a public health matter, not a sporting matter.

No easy answers to this one, but personally, I agree with you that it's unfair to let footballers waive rules that are affecting everyone else. It's not as if they're key workers or their travel is essential, and they've been pretty well-insulated from the various lockdowns that have tied the rest of us in knots this year.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It’s simply a no in anyone’s books they must follow the current rules. The consequences of anything less is enormous. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, Old Codger said:

Would they pass to each other though :)..   Messi is unmarked but I am only eighty yards out..  worth a shot 🙂

Thats the trouble with having big egos in the team. 😁

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Patrick Bamford has been called up for England.

Nice to hear. He was on the fringes of getting in for the Euros. Hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Nice to hear. He was on the fringes of getting in for the Euros. Hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

Hopefully he gets a cap and then he's locked in.

With the opposition we're playing he'd have a great chance of scoring.

• Like 1