• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I am watching a stream with Scottish commentators and they  had a melt down when we scored the 2nd ... 

Now they are trying to find positives in most throw ins and defending well the last ten minutes 😁😅

to be honest, I feel a little sorry for them, it is no coincidence that the quality of their players has nosedived since the SPL was formed solely to allow the big four teams to get revenue from the increased number of derbies. Players from teams like Partick and Dundee used to get regular caps because of their ability, now it tends to be that they get caps because they are needed to make up the numbers. Know it will never change back but another case of the greed of the few put before the pleasure of the many   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

McGrath starts for Ireland at Portugal, let’s see if he was worth sending away.. MOTM incoming 

He just placed an inch perfect corner onto the head of John Egan to give Ireland the lead in Faro.

I know C. R. dos Santos is an extremely talented footballer but there is always something strangely satisfying seeing his team getting beat. All that skill and his ego gets in the way of his team's needs. Sad in a way ..  probably one of the best of our time, but would never be the best of all time because of his good fortune to play at a time when players get much greater protection than in the past and the ball technology allows his ability to shine. Realise it is one of those debates where everyone has their own opinion but would he have fared so well with a "casey" trying to nutmeg Ron Harris and Norman Hunter..  well maybe the first time...... 

Ronaldo should have seen red against Ireland. Punched Dara O’Shea in the head off the ball at the penalty incident. VAR done nothing about it. Great save from Bazuna from the man who should have been sent off before he took it 

36 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

to be honest, I feel a little sorry for them, it is no coincidence that the quality of their players has nosedived since the SPL was formed solely to allow the big four teams to get revenue from the increased number of derbies. Players from teams like Partick and Dundee used to get regular caps because of their ability, now it tends to be that they get caps because they are needed to make up the numbers. Know it will never change back but another case of the greed of the few put before the pleasure of the many   

Genuine question, does that really explain why Scotland are as bad as they are...? I've never got it. 

They're a football mad, relatively wealthy country with leagues full of home grown players.

Similar population to likes of Norway, Denmark, Croatia and have been playing football longer than some countries have been around full stop. 

I think it does partly, added that prior to the SPL, very few overseas players were in their leagues .. sort of a parallel to English cricket. Those nations that have clubs that realise that developing players to play abroad like the ones you have mentioned reap the benefit at national level, but Scotland doesn't seem to have anyone following that model either. Can't really ever see them being a high level team unless some serious reorganisation takes place..  as I say, just my opinion, but if wrong, what a coincidence.   

• Like 1