• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

All politics I'm afraid, and about maximum attention.

Agreed. Argentina have been in the country 3 days but the authorities wait until the game starts to cause a scene? *** 

Also the little fella himself was on the pitch talking to the players! Hope he's not in the firing line!

24 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Agreed. Argentina have been in the country 3 days but the authorities wait until the game starts to cause a scene? *** 

Also the little fella himself was on the pitch talking to the players! Hope he's not in the firing line!

Argentina claim they haven't been talked to, Brazil claim they've been trying to talk to them the entire time and Argentina keep dodging them. 

They're making some pretty serious allegations, that Argentina intentionally falsified documents/info to get the 4 players into the country. 

I've seen reports that Brazilian TV are saying that the health authority tried to get into the locker room before the game and Argentina had locked the doors - and if that's true there's absolutely no excuse IMO for waiting 9 minutes into the game, because they could have just stepped on before the first whistle.

Really does look like that while Argentina may not be squeaky clean here, Brazil are intentionally creating the most dramatic scene.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Very good idea of those players to just wing it and assume nobody in Brazil watches the premier league

Haha, that was my thoughts too. If they genuinly lied about being in England in the past 10 days they take stupidity to a whole new level.

52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Very good idea of those players to just wing it and assume nobody in Brazil watches the premier league

Would it be the individual players or the AFA? I don't know how it works for internationals like this, do all the players do their own forms or is everything handled by the organisation?

On 9/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, Old Codger said:

good wins for Marske, Stockton and Whitby in the Cup, but a special mention to Newton Aycliffe for a rather impressive away victory. 

earlier report on the BBC of a 15-4 away victory for Aycliffe seem to have been slightly wrong..  they actually lost 1-0..  so much for fact checking 🙂

Great to have international football back with Denmark playing like this. Absolutely demolishing all other teams in the group. The way the team has changed since Hjulmand took over is impressive. Hareide had built a really solid team but this attacking stuff is something else. Brilliant football. 

• Like 1