• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Six games played: 18 points and 22-0 GD

eye good side the danes. they are infact a top international team right now. who else can we class as a top international side?

Denmark

England

France

Belgium

Germany

Portugal

Italy

Spain

Argentina

Brazil

12 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

eye good side the danes. they are infact a top international team right now. who else can we class as a top international side?

Denmark

England

France

Belgium

Germany

Portugal

Italy

Spain

Argentina

Brazil

I think the Dutch are starting to produce another decent group. I think they would have fared better at the Euros if VVD was available. 

On another note its sad to see how far Ireland have fallen. For the first time in my life they have gone from being there or thereabouts in qualifying. Obviously doesn't help when the likes of Grealish and Rice have chosen to represent another country but from the Charlton era they always seemed to be 3-4 very good players.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I think the Dutch are starting to produce another decent group. I think they would have fared better at the Euros if VVD was available. 

On another note its sad to see how far Ireland have fallen. For the first time in my life they have gone from being there or thereabouts in qualifying. Obviously doesn't help when the likes of Grealish and Rice have chosen to represent another country but from the Charlton era they always seemed to be 3-4 very good players.

We were good against Serbia. Were playing some half decent football but it's just not clicking... Yet. A lot of our more promising players are very young so hopefully things will look rosier in 2 to 3 years time 

Fingers crossed I would always class Ireland as my 2nd team given my family roots. You never know Kavanagh might be one of the new talents. They have been unlucky with Portugal and Serbia although they went and got beat by Luxembourg and drew with Azerbaijan something you wouldn't expect even with the current crop. 

• Like 2

I think its a very good line up. I think TAA, Foden and possibly Bellingham may be the 3 to push for a place in the starting 11 by the world Cup. I think Ben White could also potentially be pushing I have been impressed with him when at Leeds and Brighton hopefully this Arsenal move doesn't set him back. 

Another bloody ref that is an ebarassment to his shirt and profession. Should be sacked immediately and never officiate again.

Some of the worst refereeing I've seen in a long time. Books Kalvin Philips for accidentally treading on an opponent's toe while trying to turn with the ball. One of our guys gets his foot stepped on in a frontal collision - Polish player doesn't even get a warning.

Also not giving corners or throw-ins that should be England's.

Poles are a right dirty bunch, fouling our players left right & centre but get away with it. Hope our lads are up for a long scrap.

On the plus side we've been able to contain their attacking threat. On the negative side we've been so slow, sterile and pedestrian, we've not threatened their goal much either. Way too predictable and easy to close down. Doesn't help our players keep trying through balls that aren't on.

Hope we have a Plan B for the 2nd half.

Overall if we come away from this with a draw I'll be happy, but badly want us to beat this dirty lot and their homer ref.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Another bloody ref that is an ebarassment to his shirt and profession. Should be sacked immediately and never officiate again.

Some of the worst refereeing I've seen in a long time. Books Kalvin Philips for accidentally treading on an opponent's toe while trying to turn with the ball. One of our guys gets his foot stepped on in a frontal collision - Polish player doesn't even get a warning.

Also not giving corners or throw-ins that should be England's.

Poles are a right dirty bunch, fouling our players left right & centre but get away with it. Hope our lads are up for a long scrap.

On the plus side we've been able to contain their attacking threat. On the negative side we've been so slow, sterile and pedestrian, we've not threatened their goal much either. Way too predictable and easy to close down. Doesn't help our players keep trying through balls that aren't on.

Hope we have a Plan B for the 2nd half.

Overall if we come away from this with a draw I'll be happy, but badly want us to beat this dirty lot and their homer ref.

Could not have put it any better. 

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I only caught the last 15 minutes so not sure how its been. But I'm interested what happened there on half time it seemed something was going to boil over at the free kick. 

One of the Poles Glik is really agitated and has been winding up players for awhile and we bought it. 

3 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I only caught the last 15 minutes so not sure how its been. But I'm interested what happened there on half time it seemed something was going to boil over at the free kick. 

I think its just incidents that have been going on all half coming to the boil.

The officiating has been ridiculously one-sided. The ref just kept telling our lads to calm down when they were justifiably *** off. So I'm guessing some stuff boiled over at the end.

Just had another thought: German match officials. Where does Lewandowski play? Bet he speaks the language well. Actually I'm guessing quite a few Poles speak it to some degree.

youtube fashion GIF

• Wow 1