• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Huddersfield this seasons surprise package now Bielsa ex assistant had a season to settle?

John Swift. 7 goals already this season. We will probs bid £10m for him in summer to replace Saville

watching tiraspol v shakhtar on BT ESPN...  enjoyable game ...  Adama Traore just scored with a beautiful volley from a cross by a Brazilian full back named Cristiano..  names to remember. both look as though they would be suited to British game..  not afraid to get stuck in.  

11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Great news.

At least that concludes the saga. Lucky for them that they have had a decent start to the season everything considered, and will "only" be 7 points off safety. But with only 4 goals scored I doubt they will have the firepower to make up the points. They can't 0-0 themselves to safety. Maybe it will save Houghtons job as Forest won't be last.

Maybe I'm biased, but nine points with another three suspended seems relatively minor considering there have been five confirmed breaches of EFL rules, one of which had also occurred in a previous season and not pursued at the time.

A nine-point gap is a big obstacle for a struggling team but it's not insurmountable, and it hardly confirms relegation. Considering all the broken rules and financial duplicity, I think a season in League One is the minimum Derby deserve. Hit a purple patch, and they could shrug this setback off by May.

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Maybe I'm biased, but nine points with another three suspended seems relatively minor considering there have been five confirmed breaches of EFL rules, one of which had also occurred in a previous season and not pursued at the time.

A nine-point gap is a big obstacle for a struggling team but it's not insurmountable, and it hardly confirms relegation. Considering all the broken rules and financial duplicity, I think a season in League One is the minimum Derby deserve. Hit a purple patch, and they could shrug this setback off by May.

It's not as stern a punishment as it should be, but I think it's because the EFL have struggled to indisputably pin charges down on them.

That and Derby have successfully contested a lot of what they were charged with.

9 points is a hell of a lot better than the fine they were initially getting, even though it should be guaranteed relegation in a just world.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not as stern a punishment as it should be, but I think it's because the EFL have struggled to indisputably pin charges down on them.

That and Derby have successfully contested a lot of what they were charged with.

9 points is a hell of a lot better than the fine they were initially getting, even though it should be guaranteed relegation in a just world.

It’s also the elf trying to draw it to a conclusion. This could easily run another 12 months with different appeals. 

the process needs looking at because it could be argued Derby shouldn’t even be in the division.

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Chris Hughton has been "relieved of his duties" at Nottingham Forest after 6 defeats in 7 games

Thats unfortunate. I guess Forest were just the wrong club at the wrong time for him. I'm sure he'll get other opportunities. 

Be interesting to see if things improve under new management.

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

can't see any quality managers wanting to take the risk of tarnishing their reputations, so what's the feeling on his successor..  foreign, unknown or one of the "usual suspects"? 

I was looking at the comments section under the BBC article and most of them seem to blame the board and/or the players, rather than Hughton. They reckon he's a decent manager who wasn't backed by the board and the squad he had to work with wasn't Championship standard.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Alex Neil was at the game chatting with Kieran Scott by the looks of the pic someone snapped. So either he's being lined up for the Forest job or... 😬

Hmm...interesting. Well there's a (tenuous) Norwich connection. Scott joined the Canaries a couple of months before Neil left to manage Preston.

Alex did okay at Norwich, though like Farke, he couldn't keep them in the PL at the first time of asking. Guess he'd be an upgrade on Warnock, but his track record doesn't suggest he's the guy to lead Boro into a glorious new era.

Could also be good for Forest - provided the board back him in the transfer market.