oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

I think we should go in for Wayne Rooney. 

Think he’ll be an asset as a coach/manager for the U9 second eleven team 👍

• Haha 2
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Certain relegation and a two year embargo will absolutely cripple that football club, a club whose fans season after season have absolutely packed their ground out in support it's a disgrace what Morris has done there.

I know some Derby fans will blame Gibson and there's been no love lost between the fanbases but what Morris has done to that club who were a stable top half Championship club 7 years ago is absolutely disgraceful the man should be banned from football.

Indeed. Gibson was only highlighting the fact their management were breaking the rules, thus giving Derby an unfair advantage over other clubs.

The blame lies squarely with Morris and co for their awful management of the club.

I feel for the fans...and Rooney for that matter. Wonder if he'll decide to stay on / see out his contract, or chuck in the towel?

Haha Derby, get in the bin. 

I don't feel sorry for the club or its supporters. I hope they stay out of the Championship for a loooooooong time. 

Of course, you just know that Rooney will walk away from this with his reputation largely intact. What a ***.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Crikey - 21 points 2 year transfer ban. 

Well the extra 9-point deduction isn't confirmed yet, but given the EFL seem keen to throw the book at them, its pretty likely.

If they do get the full points deduction, League 1 is a certainty. Even more of a squeeze on their finances...assuming the administrators find someone to take over the club.

Could be a while before they return to the Championship.

I know we've been making fun of Derby and wanting to see them get punished severely, but now its actually happening, I don't feel so good about it. If this was Boro, we'd all be devastated and raging at Gibson (possibly some folks burning effigies of him outside the Riverside).

Does anyone else feel there is something a bit lopsided about this? Mel Morris will likely walk away from this with a fairly minimal punishment, while the club and its fans are the ones who will be dealing with the fallout from this for years to come.

IMO the rules should be re-written so that the owners bear the brunt...be it legal / financial / whatever, with the club receiving a modest points deduction that will put a crimp in their season, but not automatically doom them to relegation.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well the extra 9-point deduction isn't confirmed yet, but given the EFL seem keen to throw the book at them, its pretty likely.

If they do get the full points deduction, League 1 is a certainty. Even more of a squeeze on their finances...assuming the administrators find someone to take over the club.

Could be a while before they return to the Championship.

I know we've been making fun of Derby and wanting to see them get punished severely, but now its actually happening, I don't feel so good about it. If this was Boro, we'd all be devastated and raging at Gibson (possibly some folks burning effigies of him outside the Riverside).

Nah mate, it's actually *** hilarious

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel bad for the dads sat on the sofa this morning trying to explain to their young sons/daughters what’s going on. They are the true victims in this mess. 

As for MM and his board along with the morons that attacked Victoria Gibson on social media when her dad first exposed Derby they can look for sympathy in the dictionary (hint it’s somewhere between sh*t & syphilis) 😂

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I feel bad for the dads sat on the sofa this morning trying to explain to their young sons/daughters what’s going on. They are the true victims in this mess. 

As for MM and his board along with the morons that attacked Victoria Gibson on social media when her dad first exposed Derby they can look for sympathy in the dictionary (hint it’s somewhere between sh*t & syphilis) 😂

to narrow it down further..  they only need to check after "suckers"

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've been browsing the dcfcfans.co.uk forum for about an hour, then I had a nice hand shandy.

Its been a great morning

I am pleased to know it is not only myself that finds salt to be the most delicious of flavours.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Don't hold any real animosity towards their fans but I don't agree with the notion that the club shouldn't be punished because it's unfair on their fans.

The club has benefited from their owners cheating.

No-one's said clubs shouldn't be punished. 

I just put forward the opinion that the consequences, as things stand, are extremely weighted against clubs, instead of owners and that the rules should be changed so that cretins like Morris bear the brunt, rather than the clubs.

As I said, owners usually get away with a fine, or can file for bankruptcy if they can't pay. While the club and fans have to put up with the consequences, often for years afterwards.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I just put forward the opinion that the consequences, as things stand, are extremely weighted against clubs, instead of owners and that the rules should be changed so that cretins like Morris bear the brunt, rather than the clubs.

As I said, owners usually get away with a fine, or can file for bankruptcy if they can't pay. While the club and fans have to put up with the consequences, often for years afterwards.

Yeah but it's Derby County so who cares

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

The club has benefited from his cheating for years, they avoided relegation last season because he cheated, they beat us to the play-offs in 18/19 because he cheated.

The club deserves the punishment.

The fans might not, but what fans deserve has always been separate from what actually happens.

On the pitch and off.

I expect they'd struggle to implement a new rule that specifically punishes an owner's personal wealth because so many owners would understandably be against it.