oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

This post from DCFCfans really suggests that Derby are in some serious, serious ***.

Don't forget though the only reason they're in trouble is because of that nasty old Steve Gibson and the EFL...

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

This post from DCFCfans really suggests that Derby are in some serious, serious ***.

Would like it to be true but apparently that post is taken from a Nottingham Forest board, so I'd question the accuracy or why a Forest fan would know anything about the inner workings of Derby.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would like it to be true but apparently that post is taken from a Nottingham Forest board, so I'd question the accuracy or why a Forest fan would know anything about the inner workings of Derby.

Even if it's not true Derby are still basically screwed. Liquidation might be their only option.

Well derby are certainly not going to get a 66 point penalty. they will probably just get the 12 point penalty due to going into administration. Maybe a few extra points for the accounts leaving them with a small chance of survival. If they get 12 points they are only 9 points off survival. They probably knew they would go into adminstration months ago, so they fought off any penalty with massive delays last season in order to take all the punishment this season instead of going into administration in League 1. A well executed plan.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well derby are certainly not going to get a 66 point penalty. they will probably just get the 12 point penalty due to going into administration. Maybe a few extra points for the accounts leaving them with a small chance of survival. If they get 12 points they are only 9 points off survival. They probably knew they would go into adminstration months ago, so they fought off any penalty with massive delays last season in order to take all the punishment this season instead of going into administration in League 1. A well executed plan.

Maybe, although with Wigan last year the Administration penalty was only applied when they stayed up. Had they been relegated without it the penalty would have been applied this year. The administration penalty also doesn't offset the 9 point agreement they were apparently close to for breaking FFP. So still potentially 21 points, with 12 of them applied when it will affect them most.

11 minutes ago, Will said:

Maybe, although with Wigan last year the Administration penalty was only applied when they stayed up. Had they been relegated without it the penalty would have been applied this year. The administration penalty also doesn't offset the 9 point agreement they were apparently close to for breaking FFP. So still potentially 21 points, with 12 of them applied when it will affect them most.

The 12 point deduction is this season.

It's only if you go in to administration from March onwards that they count it for the season after if you're going down anyway.

11 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58622433

Not sure what this will achieve, but don't blame them for trying

I think it's pretty obvious Derby were ducking and diving last season by using every delaying tactic they could with the EFL. Wycombe lost their Championship place because they played with a straight bat while others cheated.

Derby fans won't have been aware of every detail but they are not stupid and surely knew a Rabbit was off and big style. When we were spun the Golden Thread yarn a while back some gullible fans lapped it all up but the majority could see straight through the cost cutting, budget bullshine.

• Like 1

Think the thing that gets me the most is that the person most responsible will probably be the one who won't really lose out as much as he should.. whilst the Wycombes of this world are just met with a shrug of the shoulders. Now it looks like the line is "you are kicking us while we are down, you big bullies" and they seem to think that the louder they bleat, the smaller the penalty. Not sure anyone will want to make a quick deal for a club that doesn't own its ground, but then again, sometimes things don't work out the way you think they will

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Think the thing that gets me the most is that the person most responsible will probably be the one who won't really lose out as much as he should.. whilst the Wycombes of this world are just met with a shrug of the shoulders. Now it looks like the line is "you are kicking us while we are down, you big bullies" and they seem to think that the louder they bleat, the smaller the penalty. Not sure anyone will want to make a quick deal for a club that doesn't own its ground, but then again, sometimes things don't work out the way you think they will

Mel Morris still owns the stadium so I image a deal will be struck with the new owners.