• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

We were skirting the realms of it so don't gloat just yet. I think we are ok but there was concern before the window opened this season.

Was there? Seems strange for us to be looking at spending over £10m (Muniz + Payero) just in fees if we were anywhere near it.

18 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

They get to appeal it just like Derby have, I doubt points will be deducted any time soon.

If they agree to the decision, as the article states, they forfeit any right to appeal.

22 minutes ago, Will said:

Was there? Seems strange for us to be looking at spending over £10m (Muniz + Payero) just in fees if we were anywhere near it.

Was wage structure concern rather than transfer fees (they can be deferred or spread)

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I just hope we don't get dinged for it too, would be pretty embarrassing

You would have the Derby fans paying tribute to you for sure 🤣

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I just hope we don't get dinged for it too, would be pretty embarrassing

It definitely would be, but I'm fairly confident we won't have  given how much effort has been put in to limiting spending since 2018 and how aggressively Gibson has called out other owners.

He'd have egg all over his face and look like a right ***.

Still if we broke the rules, we'd deserve the punishment.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 10:46 AM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah, they're absolutely ***. Due to EFL rules, once they go into administration they can't be bought for 28 days (in order to allow Supporter groups to make a bid) and for every month they fail to pay their players, they get a 3 point deduction, too.

Not owning their stadium or training ground is something that is seriously going to bite them in the *** and to me, it's just pure karma.

No collateral, mmm that’s an issue. Do we own ours? 

A bit of BORO history and the grounds we played on 
1876 to 1878 The Archery Ground, Albert Park

1878 to 1880 Breckon Hill 

Paradise Ground (Middlesbrough Ironopolis) 

1882 to 1903 The Linthorpe Road Ground

1903 to 1995 Ayresome Park

August 1995 to present Riverside Stadium

https://www.mfc.co.uk/club-community/club/mfc-history/boros-grounds