• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Was wage structure concern rather than transfer fees (they can be deferred or spread)

They can't be deferred in terms of FFP and they are always spread out for FFP.  If we were close to the limit then we'd have an issue with everything.  Being close to the limit is just being close to the limit of course, the issue is when you go beyond it.

We were close to FFP limits before the end of last season, but we have more latitude for this season, which is precisely why we've been able to spend in the summer transfer window. 

No tears for Derby, or Reading, whose wages were 266% of turnover a couple of seasons ago.

Can't help but laugh at some of the Derby fans on their forum who think that League One will get a better TV deal than the Championship if they're relegated in to it.

Some of them seem very deluded about the modern day relevance of Derby County.

(I know you can say the same thing about some Middlesbrough fans before anyone jumps in)

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't help but laugh at some of the Derby fans on their forum who think that League One will get a better TV deal than the Championship if they're relegated in to it.

(I know you can say the same thing about some Middlesbrough fans before anyone jumps in)

Are you saying there are deluded Boro fans? 😮

I always thought we were a very sensible and humble lot. 😁

51 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

😅

Sunderland are a bigger club than them, probably a few others. There are a few teams at that level with better history during the time I've been a football fan which is about 16 years.

Bolton, Charlton, Pompey and Wigan have all spent more time in the Premier League than their singular, record-breaking 11 point season during that time. There are clubs of similar level to them who have flirted with promotion but not quite made it with Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday and even going back further, both of them had similar time in the Prem to Derby since its inception.

The idea that Derby County are going to come down and significantly bump up interest in League One is farcical.

The season after when they're in League Two, they might have more of a case. Though financially its not going to be a factor at all.

• Like 2

If Derby think their descent to League One will raise interest in (or the profile of) the league, they're even madder than I thought. Sunderland, Sheff Wed and Ipswich are undoubtedly bigger clubs/historic teams/corporate brands than them, while it's hard to put Derby ahead of Charlton, Bolton or Portsmouth in terms of size and status. Add in the charismatic old names like Accrington, and hope-they-do-well clubs like Wycombe and AFC Wimbledon, and Derby won't stand out at all in the third tier.

• Like 1

it's a sobering thought that, if you take away Cloughie's achievements, Bury had as much if not more success, and as much as I dislike Morris, I wouldn't wish their fate on anyone..  so when they reach the National League north and they are having to fight Buxton to be the biggest club in the county after Chesterfield, that will satisfy me 🙂   

In other news, we're up to 15th! Promotion charge, here we come.

In all seriousness, Derby should be docked another 12 points for EFL irregularities - it'd be a joke if three points got suspended in these circumstances. They might overturn a nine-point gap to 21st place over another 38 games, but I couldn't see them overturning a 21-point gap. Relegation is the least the club deserves - though I do retain some sympathy for the fans, who knew they were playing Icarus but went along with it because that's just what you do as a supporter.