• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

No need for that in my opinion. Already going to be loads of people losing jobs at derby since they are going into admin. Don’t see what Gibson is expecting to win from this either 

They haven't actually been punished for cheating yet, which is the whole point of principle for Gibson.

They've had a self-inflicted 12 point deduction for administration.

They're currently only 9 points from safety, that is far from insurmountable with most of the season left, and the pressure needs to be kept up to ensure they get the punishment they're due.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They haven't actually been punished for cheating yet, which is the whole point of principle for Gibson.

They've had a self-inflicted 12 point deduction for administration.

They're currently only 9 points from safety, that is far from insurmountable with most of the season left, and the pressure needs to be kept up to ensure they get the punishment they're due.

Well they're currently on -2 points. Another 9 point deduction would make that -11, which is currently 18 points from safety. That would be a serious amount of ground to make up and would require 3 teams above them to have pretty horrendous seasons, in order to overhaul them.

I'd rather see Mel Morris get taken for every penny he's got, or otherwise punished to the full extent of the law.

Instead he's wringing his hands and saying he's "sorry" while the club that was under his stewardship could end up going to the wall, if the administrators can't find a suitable buyer.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well they're currently on -2 points. Another 9 point deduction would make that -11, which is currently 18 points from safety. That would be a serious amount of ground to make up and would require 3 teams above them to have pretty horrendous seasons, in order to overhaul them.

I'd rather see Mel Morris get taken for every penny he's got, or otherwise punished to the full extent of the law.

Instead he's wringing his hands and saying he's "sorry" while the club that was under his stewardship could end up going to the wall, if the administrators can't find a suitable buyer.

I presume the continued legal action is to ensure that 9-12 point deduction that they are due for breaching P&S is actually carried out.

It's all gone quiet since they went in to administration.

Kristoffer Ajer has given an interesting insight into Brentfords recruitment. It not all just number and stats but apparently Brentford watched 123 games of Ajer before deciding to buy him. That's some thorough shizzle. I'm sure Warnock could have given a verdict based on 30 seconds though.

• Haha 1

All the people saying "aye but where has Brentford's model actually got them, they're still in the championship" 12 months ago have gone very quiet now they're top half in the premier league and were sat in 15th of the second tier. 

• Like 2

If Derby went to the wall the only people I'd feel sorry for are the staff at the club, its never nice for anyone to lose their jobs. 

After that I couldn't care less, infact it would be pretty funny after a lot of their fans have seemed to celebrate getting one over Gibson until recently. I've got no sympathy for those fans who were happy to cheat. 

Would it actually be the end of the world as a fan if they went bust anyway? I'm sure the fans would start a new phoenix club, it took Wimbledon 9 years to get back to the league as a new club and I'm sure that would be just as exciting as treading water in league 1 and the Championship for the next decade. Id say the same if we were in their position as well. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If Derby went to the wall the only people I'd feel sorry for are the staff at the club, its never nice for anyone to lose their jobs. 

After that I couldn't care less, infact it would be pretty funny after a lot of their fans have seemed to celebrate getting one over Gibson until recently. I've got no sympathy for those fans who were happy to cheat. 

Would it actually be the end of the world as a fan if they went bust anyway? I'm sure the fans would start a new phoenix club, it took Wimbledon 9 years to get back to the league as a new club and I'm sure that would be just as exciting as treading water in league 1 and the Championship for the next decade. Id say the same if we were in their position as well. 

I'm sure we'd all be thrilled at the prospect of going to watch AFC Smogboro playing Billingham Synthonia. 😂

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

All the people saying "aye but where has Brentford's model actually got them, they're still in the championship" 12 months ago have gone very quiet now they're top half in the premier league and were sat in 15th of the second tier. 

Early days yet but for me the biggest thing was their last 2 seasons in the Championship. Very good side, lost arguably their 2 best players start of last season in Watkins and Benrahma and made a net profit of £50m, season before was where they really invested but still made a £5m profit mostly from selling Maupay and Konsa. All 4 of those sales could arguably have destroyed another club's chances rather than saw them reinvest and get better. Yeah they didn't get automatically promoted but getting promoted at all whilst making £55m transfer fee profit across 2 seasons? Wow.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm sure we'd all be thrilled at the prospect of going to watch AFC Smogboro playing Billingham Synthonia. 😂

It would definitely be different!

5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Really? I'd be devastated. There's no guarantees in football, just because of who we are now doesn't mean we'd enjoy our time in the lower regions of the football pyramid and what's the point of going through all that to try and get back to where we are now when we are already here and could spend the next 10 years trying to become a stable Premier League club instead?

Not only that but I'm not sure how I'd feel losing the history associated with the club. Officially speaking, our history would literally be getting written for a second time. All those players, Camsell, Mannion, Clough, Maddren, Slaven, Mogga, Hendrie, Fleming, Schwarzer, Juninho, Emerson, Boksic, Southgate, Boateng, Queudrue, Maccarone, Mendieta, Zenden, Downing, Hasselbaink, Viduka, Woodgate, Yakubu, Robson, Leadbitter, Clayton, Gibson, Kike, Bamford... and the managers too! All that, gone, no longer officially associated with the journey the club has taken.

I know you might say that sounds daft but to me it's important. Losing the club means the beginning of a new journey, to me. It means no longer supporting the same team who built what we have today and that journey is very much part of what I love about this club. I don't know if I could feel the same love towards that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd support them because otherwise I'd be without a club entirely, I'd not support Hartlepool, Darlo or anyone further afield to remain part of a club that's relevant towards the upper echelons of football. But I just don't know if it would ever be the same.

• Like 2

Going in to League One is not the end of the world, and I'd say it's what Derby deserves after what's went on in recent years.

But it would be absolutely devastating to end up with a phoenix club and it's not something I'd wish on anyone.

Not even Sunderland.

Your continuity with over a century's worth of football and history would be gone, their titles gone, their link to the past, presumably even their name would have to go.

Wimbledon are a special circumstance where I'd like to consider them a continuation of the original club, but that's only because of the unique and disgusting events surrounding MK Don's creation.

I want Derby to get their deductions and punishments this season, and then whatever will be will be.

I was desperate for Sheffield Wednesday to go down last season, but now they've been punished and I wouldn't mind whatsoever if they came straight back up this season.

• Like 3