oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If you saw it as the end of the club then yeah I can see why you'd see it as devastating. I was looking at it more as a new chapter, there's no way Derby wouldn't be reborn and with their fanbase it would only be a matter of time before they were back at this level again. I think it would be a fun journey.  

Lol this post comes across as so flippant and I doubt you'd actually feel the same way if it was Boro going to the wall

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just heard Simon Jordan talking about this on talksport about an hour ago. He said that he doesn't want to break Gibsons confidence as they have spoken about this privately.... but one thing he did mention is that one of Gibson's gripes is that we had agreed a deal with a player (I'm guessing Waghorn?) Then Derby came in and blew us out of the water with a wage deal which we couldn't match due to ffp. He confirmed what we all knew as well that Gibson feels Derby were basically cheating and their cheating impacted on other clubs such as ourselves. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This has nothing to do with the EFL. This is us suing a club that's already in Administration.

Is it?

It says we're continuing with our legal case, but Gibson was suing the EFL to ensure that they enforced punishments against Derby, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday for FFP breaches.

We were never directly suing Derby, as far as I can remember.

It's just a convenient shorthand.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol this post comes across as so flippant and I doubt you'd actually feel the same way if it was Boro going to the wall

Its just how I feel and I would feel the same if it were us. 

I think it would be more enjoyable seeing a team winning back to back promotions than treading water in the Championship. 

What would Derby's cheating have accomplished if they'd got promoted anyway? The best case scenario would be getting pummelled every week in the Premier league. 

We are hoping to replicate Norwich by the looks of things, I wonder how much fun their fans are having at the moment. Everyone is obsessed with the Holy grail of the Premier league but for clubs like us and Derby there's virtually no point being in it. 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think it would be more enjoyable seeing a team winning back to back promotions than treading water in the Championship. 

What would Derby's cheating have accomplished if they'd got promoted anyway? The best case scenario would be getting pummelled every week in the Premier league. 

We are hoping to replicate Norwich by the looks of things, I wonder how much fun their fans are having at the moment. Everyone is obsessed with the Holy grail of the Premier league but for clubs like us and Derby there's virtually no point being in it. 

So what you're basically saying is the club should have no ambition, got it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

What about clubs like wolves, crystal palace, Brighton, Burnley, leeds, Leicester, Southampton, villa, Newcastle who are all established in the prem and now and have been around where we have been within the last 10 years?

This is a crazy take imo. What's the point of football if you're not trying to play at the highest possible level?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Just heard Simon Jordan talking about this on talksport about an hour ago. He said that he doesn't want to break Gibsons confidence as they have spoken about this privately.... but one thing he did mention is that one of Gibson's gripes is that we had agreed a deal with a player (I'm guessing Waghorn?) Then Derby came in and blew us out of the water with a wage deal which we couldn't match due to ffp. He confirmed what we all knew as well that Gibson feels Derby were basically cheating and their cheating impacted on other clubs such as ourselves. 

The Telegraph article said we had agreed to sign Waghorn for 2,5 million on 15k a week but Derby came in and blew us out of the water witj 5 million, 25k a week and a bigger bonus for the agent. Gibson scrutinised their finances and couldn't find out how they could afford that. Then last year we were close to signing a Brighton defender and again derby came in a overmatched us.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

What about clubs like wolves, crystal palace, Brighton, Burnley, leeds, Leicester, Southampton, villa, Newcastle who are all established in the prem and now and have been around where we have been within the last 10 years?

This is a crazy take imo. What's the point of football if you're not trying to play at the highest possible level?

Leicester and Wolves have billionaire owners, not a model we can follow. 

Villa and Leeds gambled their clubs futures to get promoted, not a model we will follow. 

Newcastle's fans are totally fed up. 

Who else on that list can we replicate? No one on this board wants Shaun Dyche football for 5 years before getting relegated, Burnley will be in serious financial trouble as well when they do go down. 

At our level as a club we either find a billionaire, get into debt or pray that we build a team like Brighton and somehow try to make up the numbers. 

Football is so predictable in the top flight, and everyone knows who's going to be where in the table before it even kicks off. 

I grew up dreaming we could do a Notts Forest under Clough, that dream is dead now unless you do a Leicester and find a billionaire and cheat FFP. 

Yawn

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Who else on that list can we replicate? No one on this board wants Shaun Dyche football for 5 years before getting relegated, Burnley will be in serious financial trouble as well when they do go down. 

Why do you think they will be in serious financial trouble? They haven't spent outragous money and I doubt they are paying stupid wages while they probably have wage reduction clauses. Plus they have some sellable assets. They look like a club that always has relegation on it's mind and thus makes sure they can handle it.

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So what you're basically saying is the club should have no ambition, got it

No I'm saying that the fans will have more fun with 5 or 6 promotions than they would struggling in the championship/league 1. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The rules and punishments to be correctly enforced.

So he wants the court to tell the EFL to enforce their rules? I don't think it works that way, as the traditional court doesn't hold any power over the EFL. Or isn't he sueing them in court?

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Why do you think they will be in serious financial trouble? They haven't spent outragous money and I doubt they are paying stupid wages while they probably have wage reduction clauses. Plus they have some sellable assets. They look like a club that always has relegation on it's mind and thus makes sure they can handle it.

They've got new American owners who are doing similar to what the Glazers are doing at Manchester United. 

They are using Premier league money to pay off debts they've accrued by buying the club.  

• Like 1