oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

So he wants the court to tell the EFL to enforce their rules? I don't think it works that way, as the traditional court doesn't hold any power over the EFL. Or isn't he sueing them in court?

I have no idea how he's going about it, to be honest.

I just know that all the reports were that he was suing the EFL to ensure they enforced their own rules in 2019, and I presume this is still the same suit as the debate about punishment is still ongoing.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I have no idea how he's going about it, to be honest.

I just know that all the reports were that he was suing the EFL to ensure they enforced their own rules in 2019, and I presume this is still the same suit as the debate about punishment is still ongoing.

Good on him. 

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Isn't there an EFL rule that prevents one EFL club from suing another, anyway?

Even if we'd beaten Derby to the playoffs there's no guarantee we'd have gotten promoted. We might not even have gotten to Wembley.

We had Pulis as manager, so there is your answer. We'd have limped out again with no shots on target.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On Gibson, a lot of people criticised him as being bitter when he raised this first time around and he turned out to be right. If he thinks there's still something there worth fighting for, I for one trust him and think we should give him the benefit of the doubt 

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If I recall correctly Derby got into the playoffs instead of us during one of these seasons. I wonder if Gibson believes that they potentially cost us 100’s of millions by cheating.

Saved me another miserable 180 mins of watching Pulis stuffing up the play offs.

Up the Rams 🐏

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah we were awful that season and I can't see any way how we would have won the playoffs. That's not the point though, we were deprived of the chance to even try because Derby were cheating. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Still better than the man we have now

Hard disagree but it's like arguing whether you'd prefer to have a heart attack or a stroke. The one thing I will say is we've never put out 4 CBs 5 DMs and a lone striker under Warnock as yet.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, MMC said:

Hard disagree but it's like arguing whether you'd prefer to have a heart attack or a stroke. The one thing I will say is we've never put out 4 CBs 5 DMs and a lone striker under Warnock as yet.

No Warnock isn't in the same league for negativity. I'd never watch football again if every team employed Pulis tactics  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah we were awful that season and I can't see any way how we would have won the playoffs. That's not the point though, we were deprived of the chance to even try because Derby were cheating. 

I think the whole thing is going to be very hard to prove. What have we legitimately lost thanks to Derby that year? We can't say Premier League status as there's no guarantee at all we'd have got promoted. Did anyone else lose out? Well not really as I don't think what they did amounts to the 35 point gap between them and relegation. I'd think the only club who really has anything to moan about here is Wycombe, who legitimately would have survived last year had punishment been handed out sooner.

Derby are being punished for their cheating and the way it's going, if they're still around they'll struggle to get back to this level for some time. So yes, it's too late for anyone who really has suffered at their expense right now but if pursuing this is going to see Derby County go out of business, I think it's ridiculous. Gibson and Morris appear to be cracking heads and the only people losing out are Derby fans.

Fair do's if people don't give a toss about those fans but I'd absolutely hate it if we were in danger of going out of business over a spat between owners and the other team's fans were feeding off the temporary feeling of schadenfreude and encouraging it. The wrong people lose out in this battle, simple as that. The actual problem party who we all really want to lose out is going to walk away pretty much scot-free from this situation.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Derby are being punished for their cheating and the way it's going, if they're still around they'll struggle to get back to this level for some time.

Not yet they aren't, barring a transfer embargo.

Administration is not a punishment for cheating, it's self inflicted damage.

The noises are that a deduction is coming, but those noises have been about for 2 years now and it hasn't happened yet.

If I was a Derby fan I'd want the club to take every punishment they could potentially get this season, and then start next season in League One with a clean slate.

• Like 3

I think Gibson's actions are all about creating a level and most importantly a fair playing field.

Other Clubs have cheated and won promotion (we all know who) and largely escaped the wrath of the EFL.  Brentford as an example have done it through good management of the Club and although its taken them a while they got there on merit.

Gibson's actions now will hopefully prevent other reckless owners jeopardise an entire Club through their lust and desire to reach the Premiership at all costs.

In an ideal football world cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Fair do's if people don't give a toss about those fans but I'd absolutely hate it if we were in danger of going out of business over a spat between owners and the other team's fans were feeding off the temporary feeling of schadenfreude and encouraging it. The wrong people lose out in this battle, simple as that. The actual problem party who we all really want to lose out is going to walk away pretty much scot-free from this situation.

Its not Gibsons fault that they are in this mess

• Like 1