oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

They can go straight into buying mode as they have solid accounts as in profit. Just think Mike Ashley actually was aware it was integral to the value of the club and it’s selling point. Wonder if the skunks will thank him. 
I can not comprehend what a million looks like never mind £300 million. 

Not until January they can't.  Still got the current squad with Steve Bruce at the helm until then, unless they get rid of him of course.

A million looks like this: 1,000,000.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Pants. We'll have to listen to the Geordies endless crowing now. Using blood money to fund their glory...

Hopefully they don't lose their trophy virginity for a while yet. 

To be fair, this is Newcastle, they may well find a way to mess this up. 😅 

I think you have to remember how long it took City to become anything like the team they are today too. Robinho, Elano, Petrov, Dzeko, Balotelli, Adebayor, Lescott, Jo, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Bianchi, there's a lot of money they've spent which have yielded mixed results and none of them are as good as what they have today.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I imagine they’re similar conversations going on in Saudi Arabia just now when the people of that country see how Newcastle fans treat their horses 🤜 🐴 and force their women to parade in miniskirts & boob tubes in sub zero temperatures

Women, that’s a very polite way to describe what I have encountered. Never understood a word she spoke, but giving her size, lose of teeth, piecing and tats I never let on. I am sure she asked “are you fine Jack” apparently my mate said it was “ see ma thigh gap” I was in therapy for months.  

• Haha 1

Oh that hurts 

The skunks will be able to spend well over £200M strengthening their squad in the next three years, without breaching Financial Fair Play rules, if the Saudi-backed takeover goes through, financial analysts calculate.

My thoughts. 
Just going by our outlay over the years and more, has SG got cunning plan? 

Oh Yeah Holly GIF by Big Brother

Edited by sanddancer
35 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean, it hurts but great for the local area to be competing. Hopefully it puts North East football back on the map and then we can get some exposure from it. The potential is there isn’t it?

Why would we get any exposure from it?

We're 50 miles away.

Bolton is 14 miles away from the Manchester clubs and I don't think they've benefited a jot from that.

It's probably hurt them more than anything.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean, it hurts but great for the local area to be competing. Hopefully it puts North East football back on the map and then we can get some exposure from it. The potential is there isn’t it?

What like a wingman, tagging along, buddies? 🤔 

Whilst Newcastle fans are in the majority are self entitled twits, now they are going to be intollerable self entitled twits!

Do you think that this buyout is going to have a postive knock on effect for Sunderland and us?  I mean as a whole its been verey difficult for the NE to attract top players and a premium has to be paid to get them here.  Do you think that its going to no be easier to attract the talent when they are playing within a stones throw of a big money Saudi backed team?

14 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Whilst Newcastle fans are in the majority are self entitled twits, now they are going to be intollerable self entitled twits!

Do you think that this buyout is going to have a postive knock on effect for Sunderland and us?  I mean as a whole its been verey difficult for the NE to attract top players and a premium has to be paid to get them here.  Do you think that its going to no be easier to attract the talent when they are playing within a stones throw of a big money Saudi backed team?

I would say 39 miles is a hell of stone throw away.. Dover to France is 31 miles, no need to swim, via tunnel I should add. .. 

Edited by sanddancer
5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I would say 50 miles is a hell of stone throw away.. Dover to France is 31 miles, no need to swim, via tunnel I should add. .. 

Nearer to 40, but still........My point being it could contribute towards making the North East a more inviting prospect, could it not?

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Nearer to 40, but still........My point being it could contribute towards making the North East a more inviting prospect, could it not?

I checked and corrected to 39 miles 👍

I would agree that it won’t but it will certainly improve the infrastructure around Newcastle driving up property prices, commercial rents and developing social outlets.