oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

There was a period in my life where I made semi-regular commutes from Huntingdon, back up to the Smog to see relatives. Sometimes it would be quite late in the evening when I got there. My uncle would usually pick me up at the station and more than a few times there would be scantily clad girls (presumably touting for business) not far from the entrance. Sometimes there would be a police car or two quite close by.

The one place in the country where introducing Sharia law would be an improvement. 😂

Just for info. Sharia law is a guide for Muslims be it praying, charity, donations, fasting, basically behavioural guidance. Arguably the Ten Commandments. The Quran and bible are pretty much one of alike. 
Did you know a Muslim is required to donate 2.5% of wealth, normally this can be witnessed during Ramadan, fasting where the wealthy pitch large tents outside houses and mosques and provide free meals after sun set. During  Eid, holidays that start after Ramadan, they slaughter sheep and goats and donate the sacrifice to the poor along with alms.

Unfortunately many symbolically associate Shari’a law with images of gun totting, breaded men in baggy trousers. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just for info. Sharia law is a guide for Muslims be it praying, charity, donations, fasting, basically behavioural guidance. Arguably the Ten Commandments. The Quran and bible are pretty much one of alike. 
Did you know a Muslim is required to donate 2.5% of wealth, normally this can be witnessed during Ramadan, fasting where the wealthy pitch large tents outside houses and mosques and provide free meals after sun set. During  Eid, holidays that start after Ramadan, they slaughter sheep and goats and donate the sacrifice to the poor along with alms.

Unfortunately many symbolically associate Shari’a law with images of gun totting, breaded men in baggy trousers. 

I thought that was what all good Muslims were supposed to do. I didn't think it was associated specifically with Sharia.

But I have picked up that there are various denominations of Islam. Aside from the more commonly known Sunni and Shia groups, you've got other sects / branches like the Alawites of Syria. Like the various Christian groups, they all seem to have slightly different ideas about what their religion should incorporate.

In any case, I do find it odd that whenever its spoken about in the news or other media, it invariably seems to be the stricter, more orthodox (even extremist) practitioners of Islam that speak of Sharia Law and have wanted it to operate alongside (or even instead of) UK law in their communities.

11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I thought that was what all good Muslims were supposed to do. I didn't think it was associated specifically with Sharia.

But I have picked up that there are various denominations of Islam. Aside from the more commonly known Sunni and Shia groups, you've got other sects / branches like the Alawites of Syria. Like the various Christian groups, they all seem to have slightly different ideas about what their religion should incorporate.

In any case, I do find it odd that whenever its spoken about in the news or other media, it invariably seems to be the stricter, more orthodox (even extremist) practitioners of Islam that speak of Sharia Law and have wanted it to operate alongside (or even instead of) UK law in their communities.

I should have indicated Quran is the book and Shari’a the Islamic law to be more precise.  The bible and Ten Commandments for want of comparison 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We won't be happy with that, we've apparently been told by Cameroon he would be starting both games.

Did Warnock say that? No reason to believe him if he did tbf.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We won't be happy with that, we've apparently been told by Cameroon he would be starting both games.

Yeah, it's not overly promising, but hopefully he comes off the bench.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Did Warnock say that? No reason to believe him if he did tbf.

Yes, Warnock said the club had been in contact with Cameroon, who had assured the club that they would "try to start him both games". I guess they tried and failed lol.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yes, Warnock said the club had been in contact with Cameroon, who had assured the club that they would "try to start him both games". I guess they tried and failed lol.

Might be stuck to the bench. Could be a case of Wrigley.. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

To be fair I don't think an international manager should be under any pressure whatsoever to pick his team based on what their club managers think.

Sets a bit of an odd precedent.

It's probably just Warnock trying to look like he has influence and is Billy big balls again. Par for the course

• Like 2