oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

39 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Derby genuinely look like they could stay up if they don't get anymore points deducted or somehow manage to reduce their points deduction in this appeal.

They're currently only 3 points from safety even with a 12 point deduction.

It didn’t send the right messages to cheaters does it. Why should some suffer more then others, us included

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

On 10/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, AnglianRed said:

If thats true, thats a way harsher sentence than making us play behind closed doors...even a number of games. That is a shedload of lost revenue, had our bid been successful.

Still, hard to argue after what happened at Wembley. We can't be trusted to hold major tournaments if we're going to let a (sizeable) minority of morons ruin things like that.

We deserve it and only surprised it’s not much more severe. We know first hand what happens when fans stampede and or trapped. The act could easily have cost lives.  

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Derby genuinely look like they could stay up if they don't get anymore points deducted or somehow manage to reduce their points deduction in this appeal.

Phew, Luton equalised twice 

That gap is guaranteed to increase tomorrow as Hull play Peterborough, it'll be back to a gap of 6-8 points.

I'm very much wanting them to go down this season for their antics, but I am admiring the fight they're showing.

The players and Rooney didn't cheat after all.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not that impressive.  They've hardly had things as bad as we've had them.

Forests honeymoon period under Cooper continues. 1 nil down away to Bristol and score two in 91st and 92nd min.

Whilst I do think they honeymoon period will calm down they got the squad and now the manager to challenge for that 5th or 6th spot imo. And i think they will.

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20211019-214133_LiveScore.thumb.jpg.33be334d28f360139bd912d6b1364d0e.jpg

Bristol City haven't won a game at home since January.

They somehow lost it in the last minutes.

Comeback inspired by the awful "trade him for a bag of crisps" Djed Spence according to a mate who supports Forest.

31 minutes ago, Will said:

Comeback inspired by the awful "trade him for a bag of crisps" Djed Spence according to a mate who supports Forest.

In as much as he fell over in the box in added time to get a penalty, yeah.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

In as much as he fell over in the box in added time to get a penalty, yeah.

I highly doubt my mate would be as buzzing over him as he was if it was just winning the penalty.

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I highly doubt my mate would be as buzzing over him as he was if it was just winning the penalty.

Wouldn't surprise me, football fans go over board all the time, including our own.

Some of our fans were saying Sporar was the best striker we've had since Hasselbaink because of one goal against a dreadfully out of form Nottingham Forest. 

Also saw fans saying that Payero put in the most complete midfield performance we've seen in years against Peterborough (he didn't).

But Spence has been getting good reviews every week down there, so I'm sure he is playing well.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wouldn't surprise me, football fans go over board all the time, including our own.

Some of our fans were saying Sporar was the best striker we've had since Hasselbaink because of one goal against a dreadfully out of form Nottingham Forest. 

Also saw fans saying that Payero put in the most complete midfield performance we've seen in years against Peterborough (he didn't).

But Spence has been getting good reviews every week down there, so I'm sure he is playing well.

Did you watch the Forest game?

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Did you watch the Forest game?

Of course I didn't, and I'm aware your friend will have a much better idea than me.

But I've watched the highlights and read the local paper reviews.

"Djed Spence: Crossing let him down on this occasion - a bit of a theme for most in the team as the final ball just wasn’t there. Got into some good positions, but needed better execution. Earned his team a vital penalty. Rating: 6/10"

Their own paper seems to think it was mostly just the penalty too.

That rating could be a carbon copy of most of his games here, he was always getting in to good positions which nothing came of.

We still had fans raving about him at the same time as we had fans like me bemoaning him.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Did you?

You've clipped out the rest of my quote where their own paper also doesn't seem to think it was a Djed Spence inspired victory beyond winning a penalty.

No, but then I also didn't come in and try to belittle someone posting the thoughts of someone who did. You don't like Spence, that's very clear, let's leave it at that.