oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

American billionaire about to bid on Derby county. Maybe not what we'd want here, but just goes to show that the people who consistently say "no one would ever invest in us" aren't paying attention.

Indeed and boy the Americans love a franchise, perhaps this one will move Derby back to the States!

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Indeed and boy the Americans love a franchise, perhaps this one will move Derby back to the States!

Definitely heading for Kentucky……

• Like 1

Know it is only EFL Trophy, but nice to see ANY Man City side get beat by 5-0 and even nicer that it was the silky skills of the Millermen that saw them off..  also Cheltenham beat Chelsea and Oxford 3-1 up to Spurs..    also Lionesses got another ten (and missed a penalty)...  might just see someone eventually take a gamble on Wiegman.. even if only for a few months, four matches, 32 for 0 against is an improvement on Neville

14 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Know it is only EFL Trophy, but nice to see ANY Man City side get beat by 5-0 and even nicer that it was the silky skills of the Millermen that saw them off..  also Cheltenham beat Chelsea and Oxford 3-1 up to Spurs..    also Lionesses got another ten (and missed a penalty)...  might just see someone eventually take a gamble on Wiegman.. even if only for a few months, four matches, 32 for 0 against is an improvement on Neville

No big team takes it seriously. 

8 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Sounds like Koeman has finally been binned tonight at Barcelona. They lost again today and are 9th in La Liga.

He will probably take a break before he comes to take us on in the summer as a Premier League team 😃

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Got to feel sorry for Solkjaer if Man U sack him he only gets a £75 mill pay off. I guess some people are just unlucky in life. 

£7.5m, which is still a lot, but it's nowhere near as extravagent as £75m.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

£7.5m, which is still a lot, but it's nowhere near as extravagent as £75m.

What a difference a dot makes 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

was at a sports dinner a few nights ago and gotthe chance to have a chat with some itk journos about Newcastle,s wish lists two or three big names cropped up , manager wise , i was told that probably no new long term appointment till maybe 2023 , pochettino is worth a daft wager were theexact words qouted though. player wise the names floating around were coutinho and ceballos .worth passing on, but due to my recent post i wonder if it actually is worth my time doing so .

cue daveyboneye emoticom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

was at a sports dinner a few nights ago and gotthe chance to have a chat with some itk journos about Newcastle,s wish lists two or three big names cropped up , manager wise , i was told that probably no new long term appointment till maybe 2023 , pochettino is worth a daft wager were theexact words qouted though. player wise the names floating around were coutinho and ceballos .worth passing on, but due to my recent post i wonder if it actually is worth my time doing so .

cue daveyboneye emoticom.

Sort of fits with what we've been hearing.

Manager-wise they don't necessarily want a big name just yet...just someone who can get them to mid-table respectability and lay some foundations.

Similar thing player-wise. They're not gonna go daft with the money...just bring in a few new faces to bolster the squad. The major makeover will probably come with the marquee manager.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Sort of fits with what we've been hearing.

Manager-wise they don't necessarily want a big name just yet...just someone who can get them to mid-table respectability and lay some foundations.

Similar thing player-wise. They're not gonna go daft with the money...just bring in a few new faces to bolster the squad. The major makeover will probably come with the marquee manager.

I so badly hope they panic and hire Pulis. 

• Haha 2