oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Northern Ireland have managed to ensure the biggest upset of qualifying with their 0-0 draw against Italy tonight, a game they arguably should have won too.

Italy, the European Champions, have failed to qualify for the World Cup automatically.

They were beaten to the punch by Switzerland.

I love to see it. It would be very interesting if both Portugal and Italy missed out, though I expect that at least one of them will manage it through the playoffs.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Good game by Scotland tonight. Played well and fully deserved the win. Denmark with 2nd and 3rd choices all over the pitch besides 3-4 players in defence. Never got going and a lot of players will likely not get many minutes in the immediate future. 

Yeah you tried your best to not make Sweden a seeded team in playoff 😜  But Hungary messsed up your plan so now it looks like we gonna be seeded anyway.

• Haha 1
On 11/13/2021 at 7:19 AM, boro-unger said:

Conceding one goal against the Faroe islands is the equivalent of conceding 20 against a decent team though 😛

And conceding two against Scotland is like conceding 60 against a decent team!

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Who cares about Scotland, the Three Lions just thrashed the mighty San Marino 10-0 (and it should have been even more, really.)

Actually, seeing as how you asked, I do.

Think it is great when the Home Nations are doing well in their own respective groups and I always get behind them until they play England.

England could have created new records last night had they really wanted to!

• Like 5
12 hours ago, ladyspite said:

Yeah you tried your best to not make Sweden a seeded team in playoff 😜  But Hungary messsed up your plan so now it looks like we gonna be seeded anyway.

You're Swedish...? 😮

I'm a bit surprised there isn't more banter between you and our Danish contingent. 😉

11 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Who cares about Scotland, the Three Lions just thrashed the mighty San Marino 10-0 (and it should have been even more, really.)

England v San Marino...

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Dean Norris Comedy GIF by CBS

Didn't bother watching. I can't even be happy for Harry Kane breaking records. 🤷‍♂️

Projecting current results forwards (a crude measure, I know), a team will need 41 points to be safe in the Championship this season, which was also the safety line in two of the last four seasons. Derby would have to get 44 points out of their 29 remaining games to accomplish that. Over a whole season, that level of form would give a club 70 points, which was enough to propel Swansea into the play-offs in the 2019-20 season.

It would take something pretty miraculous from the patched-up squad Rooney's got to engineer 1.5 points per game between now and May. And in related news, Wycombe are in the League One play-off places, only three points off automatic promotion. What odds on them swapping divisions at the end of this season, with justice belatedly achieved?

• Like 2