oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Its crazy - the bloke's been in charge for all of 6 months. 

He got them out of relegation danger and slowly climbing the table. What more do they want in that time?

Some of these owners are delusional they think they're a bigger club than they actually are, and then they bury their head in the sand when given a reality check.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I see Man Utd went and "rang Nick"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59421961

Gone German. Given a 6 month contract (much like Ole, if I recall correctly). I wonder if they'll give him the job full time if he does well until the end of the season...or if they have someone bigger lined up?

Apparently its 6 month before Pochettino will be allowed to leave PSG, I reckon that's who they're waiting for.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I see Man Utd went and "rang Nick"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59421961

Gone German. Given a 6 month contract (much like Ole, if I recall correctly). I wonder if they'll give him the job full time if he does well until the end of the season...or if they have someone bigger lined up?

He'll move upstairs after the 6 months.

It's January 2023. Manchester United are 9th in the Premier League, despite re-signing Paul Pogba for £225 million following his 2022 departure to Champions League-bound West Ham on a free. United have just lost 7-0 to Pep Guardiola's treble-winning City side, and Ralf Rangnick is feeling the full force of fan fury, having got the United job permanently after spawning four wins on the spin in his first matches as caretaker United boss. His win ratio subsequently stands at 21 per cent.

"We need to go in a new direction at United", says Gary Neville, whose forehead furrow is now as deep as Mariannas Trench. "We need a long-term appointment who can get this club back to where it belonged in the Nineties, before most of our squad were born. I mean, losing 3-0 at home to League Two Derby in the cup is just not good enough, Jamie. Jamie? Stop laughing, I mean it."

• Haha 5

A daft question ..  ferguson is rated as one of Man U's great managers, what did he win when Giggs was not in the squad? May be just a coincidence but .....  🙂 (Not to be taken too seriously), but surely he would have to be behind Clough, Shankly/Paisley and maybe even Wenger.   if people rated their all-time best 5, what would they be..  (yes, I'm bored 🙂 )  

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

A daft question ..  ferguson is rated as one of Man U's great managers, what did he win when Giggs was not in the squad? May be just a coincidence but .....  🙂 (Not to be taken too seriously), but surely he would have to be behind Clough, Shankly/Paisley and maybe even Wenger.   if people rated their all-time best 5, what would they be..  (yes, I'm bored 🙂 )  

He wouldn't be behind Wenger.  I think Paisley is ahead of Ferguson mind.  Shankly turned Liverpool into a really good side but they became dominant under Paisley, and that included more success in Europe than Ferguson managed.  Roy Keane reckoned that Clough was the best manager he played under so I suppose that says something, although with Keane it could just be having a dig at Ferguson I suppose.  What might Busby have achieved were it not for the Munich air disaster?  And if you expand it to include any British manager then you probably have to include Jock Stein somewhere near the top.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

He's ahead of all of them for me.

The best manager in history.

What he did with Aberdeen is almost as impressive as the long dominance he had with Man United.

Bob Paisley's achievement were very impressive too though, he'd definitely be in with a shout.

What Clough did was incredible, but the impressive parts were over a relatively narrow period.

He managed Forest for 15 years, his major achievements there were over a 3 year period at the start, though obviously the English ban in Europe will have played a major part in what he could have won.

Edited by TeaCider24

I was having an interesting conversation about Webber.

He’s got a great reputation in the game but has his performance really matched up to that reputation?

Norwich are a yo yo club that look no closer to staying up at the second go as they did first time round and their signings in the summer were questionable.

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I was having an interesting conversation about Webber.

He’s got a great reputation in the game but has his performance really matched up to that reputation?

Norwich are a yo yo club that look no closer to staying up at the second go as they did first time round and their signings in the summer were questionable.

Probably his biggest selling point is his ability to recruit to a budget and make clubs competitive (up to Championship level anyway).

With the game in the financial state its in, thats a pretty important skill.

Norwich recently got their first win and they still have a chance of staying up, provided they can build on that. Obviously the January window will be crucial for them.

Maybe the financial model they are working to allows for going back and forth between leagues for a few seasons, until they can really establish themselves? 🤷‍♂️

If memory serves, Boro went through a period of being "too good for the First Division...not good enough for the Premier League", shortly before we cemented a place in the top flight for over a decade.

I'd still take being a yo-yo club over where we are now. At least being involved in promotion races makes for an interesting season.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20211126-085211_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6b5b4dda638e955731b3af30ce7f4f4d.jpg

That's Football Insider for you 😂

Always on the ball.

Pfffft you'd trust that rag: "the Athletic" over the fabled bastion of Knowledge Football Insider 🙄