• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Reckon the Geordies are going down under Howe?

They have Norwich and Burnley next then a really rough December they could be cut adrift by January.

I think January will be an interim window for them. They won’t get the mega stars through the door in January but will get best of the rest and mercenaries.

My mate has a label for managers like Howe “fair weather managers”. It will be interesting to see if Howe can turn things around between now and January.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59448376

obviously a three point deduction must be implemented immediately 🙂

tbh..  should never have been allowed to kick off, but rules is rules

I think a punishment of some sort is in order for such poor management, resulting in so many players getting Covid. Players docked wages too if they're found guilty of not taking proper precautions.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, Brunners said:

Whatever the case, you don't say the quiet part out loud.

Exactly.

It sounds like they need a PR person at the club, because its never a good idea to basically tell the fans you don't give a stuff what they think.

OTOH I suppose they are at least being honest and telling them how it is. Sadly their attitude - like many owners absolutely stinks and shows how disconnected they are.

As I keep saying, far too many owners see football clubs as simply businesses to make money from. They don't care about the history of the club, the area or the fans.

I agree.  Some sort of planning ahead was necessary as situation was not unforeseeable and not really any excuse for lack of preparedness...  but still getting matches called off regularly over here, so about time some sort of encouragement given to get squads/staff jabbed. 

• Like 1
On 11/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Changing Times said:

Aww yeah, cos were so different aren't we? 🙂

Let's have a look at a few things: 

I mean let's begin with other than saying Paul was the outstanding candidate, what's the difference between them appointing Heckingbottom and us appointing Woodgate?

Their 'plan' sounds an awful lot like our 'plan' when we appointed Woodgate as well.

Didn't we also essentially decide not to go with Jokanovic at this point in time?

The situation is virtually identical 🤷‍♂️

This Yusuf bloke is their equivalent of Bausor.  Is Bausor a 'football man'?  I think his background is finance isn't it?  This Yusuf chap is a lawyer so what's the difference?  I imagine Bausor thinks he is a football man now but I'm not so sure myself, and I doubt most on here would hold him in high regard on that score.  Being a Chairman of a business is more about leadership and strategic vision anyway.  You're overseeing what's going on and trying to deliver what the owner or shareholders are looking for.

We don't hear much from Gibson these days, in fact we hear bugger all most of the time.

And if you think he cares what we as fans think about who he appoints as a manager, I'd say that you're out of your mind.

I'd say you're out of your mind.

Do you think owners like Prince Abdullah or this Yusuf fella would subsidise the club to the tune of around £1m a month for year after year and basically keep it going through the worst financial times?

People like this just use football clubs as money-making ventures, or toys that they generally lose interest in after a few years.

Yes Gibson has been guilty of making some very poor decisions over the last decade or so and really should have got some decent help in sooner. But at the end of the day, he is a Teessider through and through and he hasn't cut and run when the chips have been down.

Its understandable he's been keeping his head down for a while. Who in their right mind wants to stick their head above the parapet and get shot at? Maybe its a sign that he is going to be less visible from now on and let Scott and Wilder handle more of the PR work?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Reckon the Geordies are going down under Howe?

I wouldn't bet against it.

I suppose the real question is whether the new owners are prepared for that and as BU commented, would stroll the Championship and bounce straight back?

Even if they splash the cash, as Duvel suggested, its still going to be a problem attracting the right kind of players, to a club staring relegation in the face. If they're not careful, they'll end up with a squad of expensive mercenaries who are just there for the payday.

Think they need to strike a balance and bring in solid, capable players and not spend silly money on "marquee" signings. 🤷‍♂️ Whatever they do its gonna be interesting...

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd say you're out of your mind.

Do you think owners like Prince Abdullah or this Yusuf fella would subsidise the club to the tune of around £1m a month for year after year and basically keep it going through the worst financial times?

People like this just use football clubs as money-making ventures, or toys that they generally lose interest in after a few years.

Yes Gibson has been guilty of making some very poor decisions over the last decade or so and really should have got some decent help in sooner. But at the end of the day, he is a Teessider through and through and he hasn't cut and run when the chips have been down.

Its understandable he's been keeping his head down for a while. Who in their right mind wants to stick their head above the parapet and get shot at? Maybe its a sign that he is going to be less visible from now on and let Scott and Wilder handle more of the PR work?

Lots of people have spent far more on football clubs than Gibson.  Mel Morris at Derby has apparently.  This Yusuf fella is just the owners representative who runs the club so he wouldn't put any money in.  I have no idea how much Prince Abdullah has invested.  

The issues I was talking about were the comments linked on here, and decisions made, that were clearly no different to what we've had here for a few years.  If it's understandable that he's keeping his head down for a while, then what's the issue with the owner at Sheff Utd doing the same?  Absolute nonsense, just applying different standards to the same situations.

It wasn't so much a knock on Gibson, it was just pointing out that people were being critical of the exact same things we've done here.  One can't be ok and the other not ok.