• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hope Southampton and Watford win tomorrow.

Even Burnley to win tomorrow would be nice, keeps Leeds in the battle and makes it even harder for Newcastle to escape.

Newcastle could be well adrift come january. They have Burnley, Leicester, Liverpool, City, United og Everton in december. I hope a club comes in for Maximin in january and turns his head like Leicester did with Gaston. 

It does look very likely we will be facing up against Newcastle and Leeds next season. Newcastle will be favourite to go back up while Leeds have parachute payments. Even if we dramatically improve, realistically promotion will be achieved through the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It does look very likely we will be facing up against Newcastle and Leeds next season. Newcastle will be favourite to go back up while Leeds have parachute payments. Even if we dramatically improve, realistically promotion will be achieved through the playoffs. 

I think Leeds are very unlikely to go down this year, they've been pretty unlucky with results all season, have injured players coming back now and have a decent bit of breathing room. As much as I'm loathe to say it 😞 

• Like 2

I'm not convinced Newcastle will go down. Gap at the moment isn't insurmountable and if they spend in January the way you'd expect them to, their squad should be good enough to stay up. Their squad at the moment is rubbish. Their defence is crap, their midfield and forwards are average. Their bench is atrocious given these things. But of all the clubs around that area of the division, which one is going to give you the biggest pay-off as a player? If your options are to fight relegation then you might as well make a bit of money out of it.

41 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not convinced Newcastle will go down. Gap at the moment isn't insurmountable and if they spend in January the way you'd expect them to, their squad should be good enough to stay up. Their squad at the moment is rubbish. Their defence is crap, their midfield and forwards are average. Their bench is atrocious given these things. But of all the clubs around that area of the division, which one is going to give you the biggest pay-off as a player? If your options are to fight relegation then you might as well make a bit of money out of it.

Oh come on it’s much more fun telling them they will go down. 😁

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Oh come on it’s much more fun telling them they will go down. 😁

It would be funny after all that's happened this season to see them relegated absolutely but I reckon we'd soon be miffed if they're trying to buy the same players as we are.

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m due to work on a documentary about Newcastle Utd in January, if they are still bottom by then, it could be quite an interesting programme. 

I presume it must be something about modern day Newcastle then? That'll be interesting, watching Eddie Howe have a tantrum because Mbappe won't return his calls about the pre-contract agreement on the table.

49 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think a lot will depend on how far adrift they are come January.

Newcastle’s remaining fixtures this year are: 

Burnley

Leicester

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Everton

If they finish the year needing to catch up double figures it may prove too much for them. I think there league position will have some impact on their ability to attract players.

I have also heard it mentioned that the January budget will be £50m so they may not go on the big spending spree people expect.

That said Ramsey and Lingard on loan and Phil Jones for the back wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m due to work on a documentary about Newcastle Utd in January, if they are still bottom by then, it could be quite an interesting programme. 

Good to see you posting again, how are things at home for you and the family atm?