• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Have HMRC ever accepted less in any other footballing instance? I can't imagine that's a precedent they want to set.

Also, even if Derby liquidate, aren't HMRC basically the highest priority creditor behind any bank loans?

Historically yeah they have because they were lowish down the list of creditors.  That changed recently I think.

I don't know how any Boro fan could seriously celebrate a club going under after what happened to us. Despite what a few spotty kids from Derby posted on their twitter account.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don't know how any Boro fan could seriously celebrate a club going under after what happened to us. Despite what a few spotty kids from Derby posted on their twitter account.

I am glad you said that Matt because sometimes things happen that can bite you back.

I would not wish that on any club but accept that clubs will and do get punished

• Like 1

Maybe there's just that little bit more of a detachment between our liquidation and the kids following the Boro than the older generation. To be fair it's 35 years ago now, so i suppose you could understand it. Still if you know your history etc.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Maybe there's just that little bit more of a detachment between our liquidation and the kids following the Boro than the older generation. To be fair it's 35 years ago now, so i suppose you could understand it. Still if you know your history etc.

I remember breathing a huge sigh of relief when it was confirmed we would play our first game at Victoria Park but the waiting was agony.

And a certain youngster called Steve Gibson played such a vital role in ensuring we would continue.

Always always grateful for that

• Like 3

I think it is a sad thing for their genuine fans, really. As much as I don't like Derby for their cheating, I would of been satisfied with just the point deductions as fair enough punishment. But the fact is their management ran that club into the ground and has now left them in it upto their eyeballs. I can't really see a way out for them now though. I can imagine one of their creditors maybe taking a loss or negotiate a settlement plan but not all of them, and most definitely not HMRC. They may accept a plan to repay it but will want every pennie back. .

• Like 2

By all means let them live but reserve all season ticket money for the HRMC until the debt is paid 😁 but I suppose a longish installment plan is the practical way to go about it. Including interests. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What on earth just happened in the Man u game. Never seen anything like it.

Really? You say that after the last few games we've had? 😁

I don't think you can disallow a goal if there was no foul...and Arsenal didn't do anything wrong.

Suppose you could say they were unsporting for not putting the ball out. but how many times have you seen that done and the "injured" player gets up and there is clearly nothing wrong with them?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Really? You say that after the last few games we've had? 😁

I don't think you can disallow a goal if there was no foul...and Arsenal didn't do anything wrong.

Suppose you could say they were unsporting for not putting the ball out. but how many times have you seen that done and the "injured" player gets up and there is clearly nothing wrong with them?

Maybe stupid of me, but I wonder if Arsenal were even that aware that De Gea was down. Crumpled behind all those bodies Smith Rowe may not have even known when he shot.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Maybe stupid of me, but I wonder if Arsenal were even that aware that De Gea was down. Crumpled behind all those bodies Smith Rowe may not have even known when he shot.

Even if he had known, he did nothing wrong.

55 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I agree with you on that.

I assume most neutrals do, but Alan Nixon is calling it one of the most.controversial goals in Premier League history.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Haha 1