oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Still can't forget that White House press conference where he mentioned injecting yourself with bleach, then asking for confirmation from one of his staff, like it was something they'd actually discussed. 😂

Don't remember the UV light one. That was quite a shocker to read. Maybe all the orange face dye he wears acts like Factor 100 sun cream, so he wouldn't be at risk of getting cancer? 🤷‍♂️

Before trump came on stage and started taking about the bleach and uv light a top US scientist had just spent 45 minutes talking to the press about the research into using bleach and uv light to treat covid 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, ABH said:

Before trump came on stage and started taking about the bleach and uv light a top US scientist had just spent 45 minutes talking to the press about the research into using bleach and uv light to treat covid 

Misleading. The US scientist discussed research into using bleach and UV light to cleanse hard surfaces, not to treat covid. Trump then asked if they could be injected and used internally as a treatment and later tried to backpedal and said he was being sarcastic when he realised how stupid that comment was.

• Like 1

Nice to see Leicester get a confidence boosting win...  next few games for Barcodes might be very interesting ..  might be interesting to look at other teams run ins and see how that might end up..  can see Leeds or Southampton getting dragged into things as neither seem to be able to keep clean sheets and if Mr Dyche does his usual stuff during the winter, could be a few teams struggling towards the end

Real Madrid angry that they've been redrawn against PSG rather than the original draw against Benfica. Didn't Perez want to play the biggest teams every week in the Super League? UEFA are just giving him what he wanted 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just read an article about how convenient the postponement of the Man Utd v Brentford game was for Man Utd with a congested fixture schedule, several injuries plus a new Manager just finding his feet with the squad and Brentford being in a in a relatively good vein of form at the moment having lost just one of their last five games. Brings back memories of three points.

I hate to say this after the last two years, but we might be looking at another suspension of football - in the top flight, at least. It's starting to seem increasingly implausible that we'll get through the season without significant amounts of matches postponed, and with the WC already compressing the 2022-23 season, I'm not sure there's scope to let this season overrun into the summer if a lot of postponed games need to be played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59643714

• Like 2

It's still only about 1% of tests so not quite alarming. Also a note that supposedly half of the incidents is from 1 club and 1/4 is from another club (Spurs and Leicester), so only 10 positives among the remaining 18 clubs.

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It's still only about 1% of tests so not quite alarming. Also a note that supposedly half of the incidents is from 1 club and 1/4 is from another club (Spurs and Leicester), so only 10 positives among the remaining 18 clubs.

Don't underestimate the position of our government in all this, though. It could be taken entirely out of football's hands based on the rest of the country and cases are on the rise. There's ~4,700 confirmed Omicron cases in the country but the UKHSA is estimating that total infections is more like 200,000, which has absolutely staggered some journalists.

There's also the fact our government is currently in a state of desperately trying to take attention away from their own misdeeds. The day Allegra Stratton was pushed to resign is the same day we talked about Plan B coming into effect. The cabinet is under attack from both allies and opposition, in the House of Commons, in the media, all over for different reasons and is trying to dig itself out of this PR hole. I honestly don't know what happens next because I think they'll do anything to divert attention away from theirselves.

• Like 1

I don't want to open a bag of maggots here, but given the almost unique status granted to footballers in 2020 while the rest of us were locked in our homes, I'm surprised to discover almost a third of PL footballers still aren't vaccinated.

I generally support the principle of being free to decide what is (or isn't) put into your body, but these people are (a) role models and (b) obscenely well-paid by their clubs. If the PL season ends up being curtailed due to repeated COVID outbreaks, I will find it hard to be sympathetic. And I know people who've been double jabbed can still catch it - my son's teacher is in that situation right now - but I suspect people with no immunity or antibodies are at least partly culpable in the surge in cases among the big clubs.

• Like 3

If the answer to our virus outbreak was play the old men and juniors, it should apply to them as well,             so they don't win the game..  big deal .. it is done with and out of way...  clubs like that have enough people in the system to handle it..  no sympathy for those who had no sympathy for us 

• Like 3