• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Burnley v Everton also now OFF after the PL initially rejected Everton's request to have the game postponed because of player injuries.

That's Burnley's last four games postponed, how they're supposed to reschedule them after Christmas fairly I have no idea.

The whole situation is a *** joke.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Burnley v Everton also now OFF after the FA initially rejected Everton's request to have the game postponed because of player injuries.

That's Burnley's last four games postponed, how they're supposed to reschedule them after Christmas fairly I have no idea.

Could see them going down now.

Rotherham ended up in the same situation and they couldn't cope with the number of games despite having a very good chance of staying up on paper.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Could see them going down now.

Rotherham ended up in the same situation and they couldn't cope with the number of games despite having a very good chance of staying up on paper.

I can't believe I'm defending Burnley but yeah....I'm defending Burnley!

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I can't believe I'm defending Burnley but yeah....I'm defending Burnley!

Nah, the look on Dyche's face when they go down is going in my *** bank.

• Haha 2

Easy solution is to cancel the World Cup. It's morally bankrupt, disrupting Footballing schedules and should never have been sanctioned. The World Cup is every four years and played during June/July Northern or Southern Hemisphere, it is a fairly basic criteria along with the required infrastructure and Stadia. If you haven't the wherewith all to meet the criteria then tough but stand aside. Throw Covid into the arena and it doesn't make sense if a lot of Footballers aren't jabbed yet going to be mixing with players from all around the Globe. Scrap it and let Football get back to normal or at least postpone it until the end of the 2022/23 season and play farcical games in air conditioned stadia built by slaves.

• Like 3
On 12/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Burnley v Everton also now OFF after the PL initially rejected Everton's request to have the game postponed because of player injuries.

Only 5 Covid cases at Everton. Ridiculous to postpone. 

• Like 1
On 12/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, RiseAgainst said:

Sky Sports News are reporting that the Premier League players are "at breaking point" (Jordan Henderson) and should "go on strike" (Pep Guardiola) due to looming fixture congestion.

Is it just me, or is that an absolutely disgusting attitude considering the extraordinary liberties given to footballers during the pandemic in terms of being allowed to play while normal people were locked out of local parks and unable to sit on benches, not losing income, not having to be vaccinated, etc?

This story reminds me of Instagram influencers bleating when someone posts something unkind in response to yet another airbrushed vanity post. They come across as spoiled cosseted children who have absolutely no conception how hard life is in the real world for everyone who's not in their hermetically sealed bubble.

Or am I being unfair?

Trying to think about it from their point of view and I think to be honest, the Prem doesn't give a toss about player welfare so they're not wrong as such to say that's the case.

However, as you've said, the players are the biggest earners in capitalising off the model the Premier League has set up for them so they should perhaps look internally before pointing fingers at the reason they're so loaded to begin with. It's no comparison with the people who comparatively work their hands to the bone just to turn up and watch these lot and, during this crisis, have often not even been afforded the opportunity to work and still face the potential side effects of a possible lockdown.

Not only that but when they pile COVID on top in the discussion whilst not promoting a positive message for healthiness regarding COVID and refusing to get vaccinated for whatever reason, I've little sympathy from their overall situation. If there are players more susceptible to getting the virus dropping out of the squad due to illness or making it easier to transmit, well that's partly on them as a responsibility to sort out.

It's the club's choice to keep playing them too. They put together bigger, better squads for a reason, to handle the pressure of playing so many games. The biggest teams have the biggest squads to choose from too. And yet here's Pep saying the players should strike?

Okay, I look forward to Mahrez, Jesus and De Bruyne turning up to his office today and saying they won't play for him unless they're sufficiently rested throughout the Christmas period from here on out. That won't happen because players also say they want to play every game no matter what for their own benefit as much as their team's. Even the players with the highest base salaries still have numerous financial benefits written into their contracts from appearances, goals, assists, clean sheets, etc.

So yeah, Henderson can say they don't have sufficient representation at the table and maybe he's right. But the Prem decide the schedule for the competition from which they are heavily remunerated and if they have a problem with player availability, they should be questioning their own club, certainly not just the league.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

West Brom losing 1-0 to derby

And now lost. Rooney to his credit is doing a very good job. I read that had it not been for points deduction they would be 7pts clear of relegation. Even that given the summer constraints and upheaval would have been a top achievement.

Cant believe am saying this but glad WBA. They in our sights. Haha.

15 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

And now lost. Rooney to his credit is doing a very good job. I read that had it not been for points deduction they would be 7pts clear of relegation. Even that given the summer constraints and upheaval would have been a top achievement.

Cant believe am saying this but glad WBA. They in our sights. Haha.

Derby were superb to be fair,All credit to Rooney.

I feel dirty now

15 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Derby were superb to be fair,All credit to Rooney.

I feel dirty now

Yeah credit where it’s due and Rooney is doing a tremendous job. Think he will be offered a better job after this season. The loss for wba is also good for us.