oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, MMC said:

On the bright side it'll be the closest thing we've had to a derby (Derby?) in a few years! Here's to a spicey atmosphere, competitive game where both sides want to get one over the other and everyone getting home safe and sound.

(and us winning comfortably) 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, MMC said:

On the bright side it'll be the closest thing we've had to a derby (Derby?) in a few years! Here's to a spicey atmosphere, competitive game where both sides want to get one over the other and everyone getting home safe and sound.

Absolutely mate. These atmospheres make the walk up to the ground more interesting, there's a bit more anxiety and excitement at the same time. You want to win these games more than any other even though it means very little to the outside situation.

Football can be savoured in this way without it having to result in arrests or casualties so fingers crossed everyone from both teams in attendance come and go with little incident.

• Like 2

Couldn't care less about Derby really, I think their current situation is pretty funny after some of their fans gave it the big shot but the game won't feel different to any other for me. 

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

Wait a minute….. Derby fans asked Boro fans to ask Boro to let them off for being cheating bar stewards? Unbelievable. I’m glad MSF declined. Less glad that it was polite 🙄

Rob at FMTTM was contacted. He wrote to Steve Gibson. Gibson rang him and explained exactly why he is taking action. Some we know, some Rob reckons we don't and he won't tell. But basically Derby, even post Morris have made it personal. So Gibson isn't giving an inch. And good on him. 

As the Bola case proves, Steve Gibson will throw everything at protecting our club. We are very lucky to have him.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Rob at FMTTM was contacted. He wrote to Steve Gibson. Gibson rang him and explained exactly why he is taking action. Some we know, some Rob reckons we don't and he won't tell. But basically Derby, even post Morris have made it personal. So Gibson isn't giving an inch. And good on him. 

As the Bola case proves, Steve Gibson will throw everything at protecting our club. We are very lucky to have him.

We definitely are lucky to have him. Thanks for that @edinboro 👍

9 hours ago, edinboro said:

It's worth adding to that that Rob was similarly concerned for Derby as I am and was trying to appeal to Gibson by harking back to '86 and the circumstances surrounding our near-miss. Gibson and Rob do have prior contact but Rob told us Gibson hasn't rang him in years. This was important to him to set straight.

I won't say more than Rob was willing to say but even hearing what he passed on to us made me more understanding of Gibson's position. I'm still worried for Derby but I can appreciate more why Gibson isn't letting go of this yet.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You should only be worried for Derby if you're a Derby fan. I'm sure their fans weren't lighting candles for us in '86.

No not all of them but then not many of our fans feel the same about them. That's no problem to me but I do care about clubs going out of business and I've said my piece as to why.

I'm sure back in '86 there will have been a minority of fans elsewhere who were aware of our situation and were glad we pulled through. Whether most couldn't give a toss shouldn't really affect your own thinking.

I don't want Derby to go under. I'd just like Morris to pay up, so the tax payers and creditors aren't made to suffer from his cheating, but fat chance of that happening. 

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's worth adding to that that Rob was similarly concerned for Derby as I am and was trying to appeal to Gibson by harking back to '86 and the circumstances surrounding our near-miss. Gibson and Rob do have prior contact but Rob told us Gibson hasn't rang him in years. This was important to him to set straight.

I won't say more than Rob was willing to say but even hearing what he passed on to us made me more understanding of Gibson's position. I'm still worried for Derby but I can appreciate more why Gibson isn't letting go of this yet.

It certainly sounds like there is a lot more to it than the fans know, and probably also why the Derby administrators can't just dismiss it. There must be something legit in Gibsons claims and not just a personal gripe with Morris.

16 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Seems pretty clear to me and disappointing that the Club have had to take measures to state the obvious. I wonder if our Team Bus from Blackpool was infected by any of those who felt they could run onto the pitch (repeatedly in some cases) to spread the love and break the Boro bubble?

Apart from a crush, a fire or other dangerous alert there is no reason to run onto a pitch. That's why we stand and cheer and clap and sing. Getting excited is the reason for going to games but I stop at wetting my underwear, it's the equivalent of Teen Girls screaming "Donny" and passing out (for those old enough to remember).

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Seems pretty clear to me and disappointing that the Club have had to take measures to state the obvious. I wonder if our Team Bus from Blackpool was infected by any of those who felt they could run onto the pitch (repeatedly in some cases) to spread the love and break the Boro bubble?

Apart from a crush, a fire or other dangerous alert there is no reason to run onto a pitch. That's why we stand and cheer and clap and sing. Getting excited is the reason for going to games but I stop at wetting my underwear, it's the equivalent of Teen Girls screaming "Donny" and passing out (for those old enough to remember).

Wonder what % of that crowd came down with covid after that game.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wonder what % of that crowd came down with covid after that game.

Interesting if we knew the figures but if there were one or two carriers which despite testing is extremely likely I would imagine a spread far greater than just sat in the Riverside watching a Pulis team.

• Like 1