• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Humpty said:

No chance, a reasonable chance or a genuine chance? Make your mind up.

I just hope nobody points out to Gibson that we didn't have a genuine chance, as the claim would be meaningless then, wouldn't it?  Poor Steve 😢

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Gibson has told Rob this information himself.

That would be one in four then or 25% 🙂

Must admit "Premier League revenue multiplied by our odds of winning the play offs" does sound more impressive.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'd read somewhere that it was simply the potential £180M Premiership money divided by 4 (the amount of sides in the Play Offs). 

Which could very much be 'the odds' Gibson is referring to. I know Gibson himself isn't in the sports gambling game, as a businessman at least, but 'the odds' of us getting promoted via the play-offs that year wouldn't have been anywhere near as simple as 1 in 4. Given the idea Derby were the problem and we should have only finished above them in 6th, our odds would have relatively quite low compared to the other 3 teams.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Which could very much be 'the odds' Gibson is referring to. I know Gibson himself isn't in the sports gambling game, as a businessman at least, but 'the odds' of us getting promoted via the play-offs that year wouldn't have been anywhere near as simple as 1 in 4. Given the idea Derby were the problem and we should have only finished above them in 6th, our odds would have relatively quite low compared to the other 3 teams.

Especially since we'd have had to play the team who finished third, and according to (admittedly slightly out-of-date) stats, the percentage of teams getting promoted via the play-offs after finishing in sixth place is exactly half the percentage getting promoted after finishing third (19.80% compared to 39.50%).

Also, I like the idea that we can just shaft Derby for £45m because they beat us to the play-offs whilst Leeds and West Brom get nothing from that season because they weren't affected deserved to finish there🙃

8 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Especially since we'd have had to play the team who finished third, and according to (admittedly slightly out-of-date) stats, the percentage of teams getting promoted via the play-offs after finishing in sixth place is exactly half the percentage getting promoted after finishing third (19.80% compared to 39.50%).

So that means that 60.50% of the time the team that finished third don't make it after all that exertion over a full season?

Based on the above then SG may have to settle for 19.80% of £180M then (£35.64M)? I'm just waiting for TP to come out of the woodwork claiming his promotion bonus!

• Haha 2

Sky Sports were speculating he had a release clause the other day.

I think the sun has finally set on Burnley's Premier League adventure.

Ironically in the season that Sean Dyche finally committed to a new long term contract.

I hope Watford can sort themselves out and keep themselves above Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

It'll be interesting to see how much they're paying for him. Burnley are surely staring down the barrel of relegation now.

Has anyone told Eddie Howe that you need to actually score goals to avoid relegation? I'm not sure Wood is the guy to fire them to safety 🤣

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

20mil theyre spending on wood, mental!

The only upside of that transfer is taking away one of their relegation rivals best players.

• Like 1