oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just now, Naisby said:

I remember when the ZDS cup was also described as being A Disneyesque tournament. 

The Carling Cup, too. Mickey Mouse trophy has been said about our cup plenty of times.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

My grandson scored the winner in a 5-a-side tourney for Under 12s a couple of yrs ago. He was very emotional.

I was chuffed for him but I don't think it got much respect from the rest of the footballing world.

I can understand why, most of the players were rubbish. The opposition goalkeeper was chasing a butterfly when the winner was scored.

More importantly, did he catch the butterfly? 😃

23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Give over.  There’s nothing racist in anything he’s said. Is this where we are at now? If something involves black people and isn’t regarded as amazing then you are being racist? Absolutely pathetic 🤦‍♂️

I will not give over nor have I called him racist, opinions other than yours also matter CT

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Would not be surprised if Covid rears it's ugly head in the Reading camp and our game gets delayed!

I think the entire footballing world has to be prepared for that, for the rest of the season at least, if not beyond.

Heard some people saying we need to get used to Covid being endemic. Think there will come a point when we have to. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I will not give over nor have I called him racist, opinions other than yours also matter CT

I didn't say that you called him racist.  Yeah, some opinions seem to matter a lot more than others.  What you said was wrong, I can't say I'm surprised that you don't see it, and to bring racism into it, which you did, is absolutely pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

I can understand why, most of the players were rubbish. The opposition goalkeeper was chasing a butterfly when the winner was scored.

Was his name Bettinelli ?

The standard or location of any game does not matter. If it is a competitive game, it is not our place to decry it. I would rather see the Tibetan yak drivers cup than the Corrupt Billionaires League Final any day of the week because I know that whoever played in it did so because they loved the game rather than getting an extra thousand clicks on Instagram..  might be just me but money is not everything and some people give the impression that it makes a difference. there is a big gap in quality but I know Marske supporters that are more knowledgable about football than someone who follows some Prem teams (like Arsenal 🙂)

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Denzel's opinion is that it is a Mickey Mouse Cup. I don't agree - but that is his opinion, doesn't that also count?

The fact that the participants think it is important is irrelevant.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Give over.  There’s nothing racist in anything he’s said. Is this where we are at now? If something involves black people and isn’t regarded as amazing then you are being racist? Absolutely pathetic 🤦‍♂️

Nope - according to BLM, making demeaning remarks about anything connection to Africa, or people of colour is most definitely racist. So shame on you...and DZ. 😝

In all seriousness, a football tournament that spans the second largest continent, involves over 20 countries and has been going for over 60 years, cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered a "Mickey Mouse" tournament.

Since Denzel made the comment, I'm assuming he was joking. But it might be worth having a quiet father-son chat with him. 😁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Nope - according to BLM, making demeaning remarks about anything connection to Africa, or people of colour is most definitely racist. So shame on you...and DZ. 😝

In all seriousness, a football tournament that spans the second largest continent, involves over 20 countries and has been going for over 60 years, cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered a "Mickey Mouse" tournament.

Since Denzel made the comment, I'm assuming he was joking. But it might be worth having a quiet father-son chat with him. 😁

He isn't joking, that's the thing. He genuinely believes that.

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think the entire footballing world has to be prepared for that, for the rest of the season at least, if not beyond.

Heard some people saying we need to get used to Covid being endemic. Think there will come a point when we have to. 🤷‍♂️

I have friends who have good links to the local FA and there have been rumours that with the number of covid matches being postponed that the leagues finishing this season could be moved and the next season start fluid too. 

They also mentioned plans had been drawn up that if next season started late then the period up to the stoppage for the World Cup would be used for European and domestic cup competitions and the league would take a back seat.

The friends say that they have contingency plans for most eventualities but between covid mutations and a unusual start for a World Cup lots of new possibilities are being discussed. They also hinted that certain leagues would like fixed breaks putting in and a total rethink to how Cup competitions are spread out over the season. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

I have friends who have good links to the local FA and there have been rumours that with the number of covid matches being postponed that the leagues finishing this season could be moved and the next season start fluid too. 

They also mentioned plans had been drawn up that if next season started late then the period up to the stoppage for the World Cup would be used for European and domestic cup competitions and the league would take a back seat.

The friends say that they have contingency plans for most eventualities but between covid mutations and a unusual start for a World Cup lots of new possibilities are being discussed. They also hinted that certain leagues would like fixed breaks putting in and a total rethink to how Cup competitions are spread out over the season. 

EFL have already told Wigan that the League 1 season won't be extended. I imagine that's the same all the way down.

36 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The Carling Cup, too. Mickey Mouse trophy has been said about our cup plenty of times.

If Boro win the trophy then it’s heritage, origins and everything down to the silversmiths who made the cups is called into question. It was funny when even our European final and potential victory had that particular cups heritage questioned with very similar monikers used.

To me a cups a cup and shiny glory gained from winning it especially if it’s Boro.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He isn't joking, that's the thing. He genuinely believes that.

But he doesn't believe it because of the skin colour of the participants so for DS to infer any racial context is absolutely wrong.