oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I think certain mods enjoy the power trip of the position.

No one does. Making this about a power trip is quite frankly ridiculous. It’s an online football forum for crying out loud. It’s even unpaid🤣 but that doesn’t mean that we should just see through fingers with behavior that putts people off from posting. 

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Matthew I certainly do not there have been many times I have wanted to hang up the green kit and walk away from it all, indeed it is my intention to hand over my position at the end of this season and just become a rebel like you😉

Not you Al! You tha man 😃

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I do, I've experienced it personally from the side of being banned and it was just as bad from that side too. I feel it is disrespectful to everyone on the forum to just put up a locked thread and then shut down any form of discussion about it in other threads.

The discussion isn't shut down entirely by that though. People can discuss privately with mods if they want and they will be heard, just as those who were heard today prior to action being taken.

Opening that discussion to the rest of the forum means we might as well have a real-time moderation survey. It's nowt to do with the topics of discussion that the forum exists to provide a platform for.

I've been around quite a while like yourself and experienced both sides of it. I've had to experience good and bad myself as well. And I have to say some of the worst times I've seen, and some of the most common complaints I've seen from before and after 'going blue', have been times riddled with angry or bitter forum meta. Nobody is closing that discussion off but most people just don't want to read this and for good reason.

CT is an intelligent poster with forthright opinions and he isn’t afraid to press them home if challenged. Posters can be put off by that sometimes but that in itself is not a reason to ban someone in my opinion. 

My memory isn’t great but I don’t recall him often becoming abusive. I can’t say the same for some members of the mod team which is why I have them on the ignore list.

Mods just need to take there foot off the gas just a little in my view.

(Can mods please delete this post if CT ever comes back? Can’t have him seeing that I called him intelligent…)

• Like 3

CT posted xenophobic anti-Irish posts that have made members of this forum feel uneasy and unwilling to post. We can not and will not ignore that.

Certain people have me on their ignore list because they don't like being told their opinion isn't the only one that counts, that's all.

Also, if the power trip comment was directed at me (I assume it was, because last time you called me a Nazi), you couldn't be more wrong. This "job" is all stress no power.

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

CT is an intelligent poster with forthright opinions and he isn’t afraid to press them home if challenged. Posters can be put off by that sometimes but that in itself is not a reason to ban someone in my opinion. 

My memory isn’t great but I don’t recall him often becoming abusive. I can’t say the same for some members of the mod team which is why I have them on the ignore list.

Mods just need to take there foot off the gas just a little in my view.

(Can mods please delete this post if CT ever comes back? Can’t have him seeing that I called him intelligent…)

He has a far better than average memory if it suits him Matt and will certainly remind you about that

This is getting ridiculous, there are almost more mods than standard forum members these days. I do tend to agree with Will and Humpty that the power has gone to some of the mods heads and that they certainly have their favourites. 

As a long standing member of this board, I have to ask you to reconsider banning CT, Alan. I know you had some personal beef with him yesterday but it’s unfair to use your position of authority in this way. 

Banning people is not the answer it’s a draconian act and doesn’t sit well with me, CT is an articulate and intelligent poster and he knows how far to take things, unlike some. 

Please respond to this post on the forum, rather than by pm, because this is an important issue which deserves to be aired in public. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This is getting ridiculous, there are almost more mods than standard forum members these days. I do tend to agree with Will and Humpty that the power has gone to some of the mods heads and that they certainly have their favourites. 

As a long standing member of this board, I have to ask you to reconsider banning CT, Alan. I know you had some personal beef with him yesterday but it’s unfair to use your position of authority in this way. 

Banning people is not the answer it’s a draconian act and doesn’t sit well with me, CT is an articulate and intelligent poster and he knows how far to take things, unlike some. 

Please respond to this post on the forum, rather than by pm, because this is an important issue which deserves to be aired in public. 

agreed zach braff GIF by HULU

13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I'm going to respond to this as well Billy, because this should be addressed to all mods, not just Alan. It wasn't simply Alans decision, however much he's trying to shoulder all the "blame".

Categorically not true - as I previously stated, there's basically no power and it's more hassle than anything. "Can't please everyone" and all that. 

It wasn't Alans decision. It was a communal mod one. We all had our own opinions and ideas on the best course of action and this is the decision we reached as a team

Categorically not true also - we've had reports from multiple posters about uncomfortable he makes them, with one who has outright stopped posting because of some of his comments about his nationality. 

Banning people isn't a draconian act, give over. It's a moderation tool used in the very, very rare circumstances when someone oversteps a line, as we collectively decided CT did today. He has had two relatively recent warnings for very similar behaviour and that factored in to the decision too.

People don't have to agree with our decisions, but we're not backtracking once we've made them.

Thanks for the response Brunners, I’m afraid I’m an advocate of free speech and so I do find banning people a draconian act.

You know as well as I do that CT won’t come back to the forum after this and so we’ve lost another valuable member. It’s Bugrit all over again , for those whose memories stretch back that far.

Just reinstate him for goodness sake and let’s all get on. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Heads up. Ben Brereton is missing for Blackburn when the play us. He's off with the Chilean national team for some qualifiers. Good news!

Yes he will be a loss for them for sure 👍

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thanks for the response Brunners, I’m afraid I’m an advocate of free speech and so I do find banning people a draconian act.

You know as well as I do that CT won’t come back to the forum after this and so we’ve lost another valuable member. It’s Bugrit all over again , for those whose memories stretch back that far.

Just reinstate him for goodness sake and let’s all get on. 

Got to disagree here Billy. What Bugrit said was objectively grossly offensive and fully deserved a ban.

This is probably one of least moderated forums I’ve been on. 99% if the time it’s just reminding people to stay within the topic of a thread or delete stupid messages. Very rarely do we give warning and extremely rarely do we give a temporary ban when a poster refuses to listen. 
Granted you might think we don’t always act in the same way but we are different people with different backgrounds, but when a decision like this is taken it’s always on the back of a discussion in the mod thread.

We could of course have much fewer mods but I think we’re all also working, have families to attend to and plans outside the internet and this forum. The number of mods reflect that there is almost always one online.
Some of the blame that’s laid our way is a tad unfair in my opinion, but we’re in place to ensure it all just doesn’t burn down and succumb to the lowest denominator. We are only human so we all do things differently but tough decisions are taken as a team - believe it or not.