oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This ban is for a week.

Then speaking as (a) someone who has experienced quite a bit of anti-English xenophobia during three decades in Scotland and detested it, but also (b) someone who regards CT as one of the most knowledgeable and observant people on this board, I hope he returns after his ban to continue posting all sorts of MFC-related content, while avoiding anything which strays into the realms of bigotry or racism.

• Like 4
  • Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We are getting dogs abuse right now for banning someone who made xenophobic comments whilst sympathy is being shown to a former moderator who made homophobic comments.

I understand how you feel mate but I can't understand how we've ended up in a discussion where current moderators who are trying to tackle derogatory comments are being seen in a lesser light than one who made them.

I’m just saying live and let live. Everyone has a different take on things, it’s a forum and it’s pretty self policing most of the time.

I shouldn’t have bought up Bugrit because it has deflected from the current situation, it’s a bloody good job I didn’t stand up in defence of Terry Loves Boro!

I’m sorry that you are getting dogs abuse, but people feel strongly about this, it seems that we have no voice.

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m just saying live and let live. Everyone has a different take on things, it’s a forum and it’s pretty self policing most of the time.

I shouldn’t have bought up Bugrit because it has deflected from the current situation, it’s a bloody good job I didn’t stand up in defence of Terry Loves Boro!

I’m sorry that you are getting dogs abuse, but people feel strongly about this, it seems that we have no voice.

You do have a voice, we are listening but I'm sorry, that's not changing our mind about how to deal with derogatory comments. As Brunners said, if you had a similar grievance we'd deal with it as best we can and if it was elevated as much as this situation has been, it would lead to a similar conclusion. You not raising it as a legitimate concern because of your own ability to deal with it should not delegitimise their situation. I can only imagine that to them it must feel like they have to learn to manage derogatory comments about themselves better rather than us moderators reacting to comments that make them feel like crap.

Even then, the person you're standing up for has made enough derogatory comments and been warned multiple times about them, this isn't as some are deciding to frame, which is some kind of power move. Each time this has come up, it escalates to the next level. If a player didn't turn up for training for a day, you might warn them. You might warn them again if they do it again a couple or months later. They do it again, what should the manager do? Warn him again? What effect is that going to have?

Similarly, this situation here, what exactly are we supposed to do if someone has a legitimate concern with him after the 2nd warning? Warn him again? How many more warnings is it before we do something more? Or should we not warn him? Then who doesn't have a voice?

As others have said, this is very much a rock and a hard place here because one way of handling it means one side feels listened to whilst another doesn't and vice versa. With that being the case, why should we stand on the side where the one causing the problem remains unpunished but the ones simply feeling the effects of the problem should have to and bear it? That doesn't feel remotely fair to me. As I alluded to before, inaction has consequences too and it's usually to the wrong people.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. That's the pay we get for trying to keep this forum running smoothely and make sure everyone feels welcome and actually take action when concern is raised. That you quitely accept things others don't isn't really something we can act upon. It's completely ridiculous to suggest that we should just let things slide and disregard valued members concerns, just because you couldn't care less and people should post whatever they'd like. 

The decision has been made and will not be overturned even though we knew there woud be fall out following it.

It has been quite sometime since there has been a public airing of views towards he Moderation team and that in itself can be healthy and useful.

I carry the can on this and have advised the moderation team to stop responding to posts on the subject as it prolongs negative feelings about this.

CT will be back indeed he could have gone a long time ago at his own request. His account was left open for him so that he coud return when he wanted to and I was very pleased that he did.

He is a terrific and knowledgeble forum member with so much to contribute as clearly shown.

Apologies to all members who feel the MT overstepped the mark but it had to happen.

Mentioned it before I do feel it slightly unfair that we are openly discussing a member who at this time can not respond to anything.

Can we move on until CT has his own say on the matter?

Thank you all for the passion and some understanding shown thus far

• Like 1

Thanks for responding DS. It’s no surprise that you won’t change your mind, the opinions of those of us who disagree are totally disregarded once more.

A forum is nothing without posters and you’ve now banned two of the better ones in CT and before that Newy. 

There are some mods who love wielding power and are frankly bullies. I’ve raised concerns in the past and not been listened to, it seems that some people’s complaints hold more water than others, I’m not sure why that is. Previously you said that you’d take action against a bullying mod and you didn’t. In fact you went the other way and made his best mate one!

This isn’t anti mod jealousy…as you know I said I didn’t want to be a mod and frankly I think there are way too many of them. Whilst some of them seem like fine fellows, others really don’t, they have favourites and agendas.

I’m sure the above post will be ignored and refuted which is sad considering all of the positive posts on the thank you thread.

How things can change in 24 hours!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

It might seem a bit daft to politicise this I feel that it may be the case that some forum members aren't happy with an unelected few making decisions for the entire forum...

Elected or not, you are always going to have minority disagree with a decision made by the admins.
They just need to realise that they have made a mistake when the majority disagree with it.

All I can say is thank god he wasnt on the FMTTM, you get banned from there for much less, get no explanation as to why and Rob will not respond to your emails when you ask for an explanation.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

It might seem a bit daft to politicise this I feel that it may be the case that some forum members aren't happy with an unelected few making decisions for the entire forum...

That will always be the case BS will it not?

There can not be elections just to appoint Admin/Moderation teams and there are no real decisions to be made.

The forum was started quite sometime ago by Rob and quickly grew, he asked for help by appointing people he felt he could trust, after asking I have to say, to try and keep the forum fair for all and to stop uncalled for events taking place.

This forum is entirely funded by Rob and he has the final say on who he feels is right to continue acting on his behalf and that his vision and standards are maintained.

He is not going through the best of times at the moment but he came on yesterday and contributed in a very difficult decision, and no the forum is not a dictatorship either!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Its the same with all forums though. Whoever founds them gets to appoint the admins and mods...and usually after a certain point (if they've proven themselves worthy) the admins get to appoint others.

Forums aren't democracies (in this regard anyway). The founder(s) and people who run the place get to make the rules and if you want to take part you have to agree to be bound by those rules. I ran a gaming forum a few years back and it was no different.

Guess I'm lucky that most of the ones I've been a member of have been pretty decently run, by and large. A few have been absolute dumpster fires though...didn't stay very long!

In my humble opinion oneBoro is definitely one of the better run places. The mods tolerate a decent amount of banter and only step in when they feel topics / individuals have crossed a line. Generally I feel they're pretty light-handed.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thanks for responding DS. It’s no surprise that you won’t change your mind, the opinions of those of us who disagree are totally disregarded once more.

A forum is nothing without posters and you’ve now banned two of the better ones in CT and before that Newy. 

There are some mods who love wielding power and are frankly bullies. I’ve raised concerns in the past and not been listened to, it seems that some people’s complaints hold more water than others, I’m not sure why that is. Previously you said that you’d take action against a bullying mod and you didn’t. In fact you went the other way and made his best mate one!

This isn’t anti mod jealousy…as you know I said I didn’t want to be a mod and frankly I think there are way too many of them. Whilst some of them seem like fine fellows, others really don’t, they have favourites and agendas.

I’m sure the above post will be ignored and refuted which is sad considering all of the positive posts on the thank you thread.

How things can change in 24 hours!

Newy? Out of all the exiled posters, that's who you're going to bat for, seriously?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

Elected or not, you are always going to have minority disagree with a decision made by the admins.
They just need to realise that they have made a mistake when the majority disagree with it.

All I can say is thank god he wasnt on the FMTTM, you get banned from there for much less, get no explanation as to why and Rob will not respond to your emails when you ask for an explanation.

Wouldn't happen here 😬

Edited by Will

OneBoro is not a dictatorship. I have spoken, so it is true

Please don’t question it, The subject is  now closed

Finito….

Done….

Put to bed….

Ceased to be…

Ended…

😉

• Haha 1