oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Get in, Johnson 2-0 Forest.

Will say that I think Spence has been solid today. Pretty quiet to begin with but he's grown into the game and showed a decent partnership with Johnson. This is the first time I've really watched him for Forest this season and I can see why they wanted to keep him.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Get in, Johnson 2-0 Forest.

Will say that I think Spence has been solid today. Pretty quiet to begin with but he's grown into the game and showed a decent partnership with Johnson. This is the first time I've really watched him for Forest this season and I can see why they wanted to keep him.

Agree on Spence. I can see why they think he's so good.

Still don't think they've seen the other side of Spence yet though. This is essentially a contract year for him and players often try harder when playing for a move or next deal! Last time he got his contract he immediately switched off and that would be my only worry.

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Could be a rehearsal to scenes at our game. Its got tasty at the end of the game.

Derby are better than the league table shows but if we play well we'll beat them comfortably. The players don't need to get involved in the off pitch stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Derby are better than the league table shows but if we play well we'll beat them comfortably. The players don't need to get involved in the off pitch stuff. 

Before today I think they were in the top 5 for form over the past 6 games.

I agree the worry is the rhetoric is we are the bad guys in the media and no doubt will add an extra level of tension during the game. I can imagine it almost being a derby like atmosphere and no doubt will be billed in such a way pre game.

I would hope we can maintain the professionalism and not get dragged into it as we are the better team but it could easily be an ugly game of football.

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I agree the worry is the rhetoric is we are the bad guys in the media and no doubt will add an extra level of tension during the game. I can imagine it almost being a derby like atmosphere and no doubt will be billed in such a way pre game.

I would hope we can maintain the professionalism and not get dragged into it as we are the better team but it could easily be an ugly game of football.

No doubt the Mr Potato Head will stir up the team to treat it as such!

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think it only really started to boil over after Derby got their goal back. Then you could see the likes of Samba taking the mickey, saw Colback having a few words with Sibley after the latter fouled him, Forest were wasting as much time as they humanly could and then Morrison gets sent off for a reckless challenge that didn't seem to be down to the atmosphere as much as his touch just let the ball run away from him and wanted to try and win it back.

There's the derby atmosphere of the game to consider too and I'm sure there will be a feisty atmosphere at the Riverside when we play them too within the stands but I think what happened towards the end today was largely down to what was going on on the field than off it. So I doubt either set of players will go into the game on Feb 12th with that firmly in their mind.

• Like 1

I must have been alone in wanting a Derby win today? I don’t care about Derby one bit but Forest are clear rivals of ours in the league so the more points they drop the better.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

No doubt the Mr Potato Head will stir up the team to treat it as such!

Think Rooney, if anything, has been the level-headed one in the midst of all this. He seems pretty calm and composed when you watch him, even as things boiled over at the end he wasn't getting involved from what I could see.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I must have been alone in wanting a Derby win today? I don’t care about Derby one bit but Forest are clear rivals of ours in the league so the more points they drop the better.

I think there'll be a lot of fans thinking the same as you, to be fair. 👍

For me personally, I think it helps that I'm comfortable with us missing out on the play-offs this season still. It will be disappointing to see this momentum go to waste sure but think it was always quite a big ask for the man to come in and change things round so rapidly mid-season. Either way, if we don't go up then next season is the one where we should really hope to kick on.

20 minutes ago, Duvel said:

They played some nice football today - better than some sides we’ve seen at Boro. Some good young players as well, so you can see why they are trying to avoid fire sales. The inexperience seems to be letting them play without any fear, unlike many teams at bottom of league, though maybe that inexperience is what leads to their downfall in some games.